Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Maybe it isn’t fixable with the existing hardware.

I had upgraded from the Rachio 2 to the Rachio 3 only for the HomeKit support. I just returned the 3 and bought a RainMachine. I installed it this weekend and it ‘just works’. Their HomeKit integration is rock solid.

1 Like

I bought mine over two years ago so returning it is not an option at this point but I wish it was as even though I’ve gotten it to work much better it is still flaky.

Which model RainMachine if I may ask?

I got the RainMachine Pro 16 zone, currently on sale for $169.

Does it have some kind of weather integration like the Rachio has?

I have the Rain Machine Touch HD 12. I currently have it integrated with 3 of 10 possible weather information sources. I will also be integrating it with my own Personal Weather Station. I imagine the software for the Pro is the same.

[dckiwi2] is correct it just works… and is easy, which is typically what Apple users want in their products.

3 Likes

Local API (I’ve come to hate relying on anyone else’s “cloud”), HomeKit and Home Assistant compatibility, and the Pro version has ethernet! I may be dumping my Rachio… On first glance, I just wish they had some combination of some of the features of the Pro version (ethernet specifically) with the Touch HD version (cause it looks super pretty)

1 Like

@franz. If you are still looking for beta testers, please contact me! I am having all the same problems as others in this thread.

I have Eero6 mesh network setup, beta test other products/software from vendors, have latest controller.

After initial purchase everything was working great and then it quit working. I have attempted a number of things: only have one connection to home add and all other Eros turned off, disconnected my home hubs (HomePod and HomePod minis and appleTVs), reconnected, removed my controller from my account and re added and changed WiFi networks, tried connecting to my second mesh netwrk (nighthawk). All failed to recognize the rachio when setting up in HomeKit. This is frustrating and I know you understand and sounds like you are working on the issue as of several weeks ago.

So if you need another tester please let me know

To everyone else…any other ideas that I can try to get HomeKit to recognize the device again. I can’t even add it not!

@Jason11 - one minor correction to your post: "sounds like you are working on the issue as of several weeks ago”. Make that “several years ago”. Don’t expect anything soon, Rachio don’t value their HomeKit customers and are quite happy to continue to lie that their product supports HomeKit when it does not.

My Rachio works perfectly. Evidently many if not most others do not. If you are within your return window I would return the controller and buy one of the other options that are HomeKit compatible

Every.single.post you have on here says " My Rachio works perfectly."
Well guess what bud, 90% of us who us homekit, OURS doesn’t! We know yours is perfect, so lets give it a rest already! Boasting yours is error free helps no one.

Hey Bud, I am not boasting about anything. I’m simply stating mine works. I started this thread 2 + years ago because mine didn’t work for months… I don’t know why mine works and find it very strange.

If you look at my post I am telling the poster to return the controller and BAIL now because the Rachio 3 is more than likely never going to work consistently for everyone. It has become obvious that Rachio can’t fix this and is in over their head. Maybe someday but probably not…

If you don’t like my post don’t read them. I have helped many in this community in the past and others have helped me

2 Likes

@Macsterguy. What is your setup to see if anyone can replicate? What wifi /router products do you have? What configuration setup do you on your wifi? What version firmware is running on the Rachio? What version of iOS? What HomeKit hub are you using?

Glad that yours works but provide details to see if anyone else can match your setup!

I am out of my return window have had rachio for years and this was upgraded when v3 came out just for HomeKit!!!

1 Like

:laughing:

yep

FYI - There is a new community moderator. Laura is gone. @dane will be taking over as a moderator in the Rachio Community.

The Latest Official HomeKit Updates update from @dane was posted 5/10:

05/10/2021 Update

• I’m sorry that I do not have new updates. Our Engineering leads (Franz and Michael) working with Cypress are out of office until Monday, May 17th. As such, I will not have a technical update to share this Friday, May 14th, but will provide an update the following Monday (the 17th).

(mine works)

• Rachio firmware v 5-632 - Rachio is connected via 2.4 GHz
  • Synology mesh Routers - out of the box setup - 2.4 & 5GHz bands
  • iPhones, iPads - os 14.5.1 (current) and Mac’s (running Big Sur) Rachio / HomeKit works on all
    • Rachio no longer works on Apple Watch
  • Many HomeKit hubs. Currently, old HomePod (big one) is Hub (and up to date)

This is the thing. I don’t really care if mine works. I would rather use the Rachio App… I just try to help others. I wish I could snap my fingers because Rachio just can’t seem to fix this… I will give them points for trying BUT -0- points for not keeping users informed as Promised.

BIG Texas storms (again) last night. Lost power at least 3 times (10 min or less). Rachio re-connected without issue… I just don’t get it…

They might as well just officially announce you are on the payroll.

Today it went offline and after trying all the usual tricks to get it back online I took a break and took a shower and then when I went to mess with it again it had put itself back online.

It’s Voodoo…

But at some point either it is going to get fixed or thrown in the trash and replaced by something that actually works as advertised like the RainMachine.