Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Seeing the same message.

@siobhanellis @jmatero Sorry, try now!

That works :slight_smile:

I just joined the Beta
**My Rachio 3 has been working perfectly for probably over 6-months using v. 5-632
Hopefully, the new beta won’t break my homekit capabilities. Should be a good test… :+1:t3::grinning:

I have officially joined the beta. The new firmware was installed on my controller. I removed the previous Rachio from homekit and rebooted my iPhone. I rebooted the controller by unplugging it - waiting - and plugging it back in. Now all I have is a controller that is blinking 2 white lights and 1 red light over and over. The controller no longer works as an arrogation controller.

*Also, The Wi-Fi connection pop-up text you to a link that is broken at the Raccio help center:

Thanks @Macsterguy, I can work with you through PM on this.

Ok. I am currently rebooting my network so that will take about 10 minutes

Same here. Two flashing white lights followed by one red. Unplugged for 1 minute and powered back on. Same result.

Those initial test don’t look great but I’m still willing to give it a try. My water is off for the winter so I can deal with downtime right now :sweat_smile:

Same here with white/white/red

I tried following the instructions to update the wifi but pressing and holding the wifi button never produces a blue light. eventually get a green with flashing amber. :grimacing:

Just signed up for the Beta!

I just tried again, and got the same. I also tried to update the WiFi, but pressing and holding the WiFi button never produces a blue light. All I got was a green bar with flashing amber light.

Now all it does is it flashes white 4 times and then flashes red once. Then repeats. Hope I didn’t make it worse.

I see (in the Rachio iOS app, under More > Controller Settings > Technical Info > Firmware version) that (after enrolling in the beta) my controller was updated to iro3-firmware-hk-11-8. The Rachio app currently indicates my controller is offline. Is that expected, following this update?

@smockle @dhardy Please check your email for an update. It looks like the beta has knocked a small # of controllers offline. I followed up with more details. Thanks again for your patience.

:cheers:

2 Likes

Looks like the beta was pushed to my controller. It’s offline now.

Update:
It fixed itself. I’m online again.

For reference I noticed the controller was offline this morning. It’s currently on standby for the winter. So I don’t know when the firmware was pushed or how long it was offline. I had a blinking third led section and used the troubleshooting section in the iOS app. I pushed the wifi button till the led bar went blue. Tried to add the controller to my wifi using the iOS app and it failed. So I came here and posted my feedback. Checked again about 10 minutes later and was confused why the app showed online. I checked the unit and the LED bar is full blue again. Firmware level is HK-5-632. (Maybe it reverted?)

Signed up yesterday for the beta and have yet to see the firmware be pushed through. @franz franz any chance you can take care of it for me?

The Beta has had some issues for some of us. I think I would hang tight

3 Likes

Had to add it back in today. It’s added back in but it got stuck on the last screen and I had to force quit the app.

Not sure if the update has been pushed to mine or not so including a screenshot showing its firmware version.

Added it back in twice today and it’s offline again.

What has happened to the update that was supposed to be pushed out?

Is yr time to give up on it and buy something that actually works as advertised?

2 Likes