Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Why? It does work. It’s just in some circumstances it doesn’t work. They know what the problem is, and they are fixing it.

Now if they had no intention of fixing it, much like Kohler has no interest in fixing the Faucet I bought from them, then I would agree with you.

Isn’t that what I said???

Not that I’ve never had problems BUT now, mine works GREAT.

For others, the controller has NEVER worked in HomeKit. Something should be done for those people. It’s the right thing to do.

1 Like

This frustration is it’s going on two years and still not fixed.

Too often fixes are never delivered and eventually support is just discontinued on a device.

Reading the screenshot of the software been fixed it looks like the first developer gave up and now a second developer is working on a fix.

But it looks like this developer is actively working on a fix so I am cautiously optimistic.

The team made it past some high risk areas, progress is moving in the right direction, I will enlist beta testers as soon as we have a hand off for integration testing. :cheers:

3 Likes

Congratulations to the team. Looking forward to being a beta site :wink:

1 Like

Nice
Looks like you are making real progress.

Looking forward to what really is is an awesome controller and the fixed and stable HomeKit integration.

I’m new to Rachio – just got my v3 controller set up yesterday; thus, I’m also new to these forums. I visited the forums for the first time yesterday because I’m a big HomeKit user (the very reason I invested in the Rachio) and was super disappointed to encounter the apparently common problem of not being able to get the unit to be detected during the HomeKit onboarding process. I connected the controller to Rachio’s servers and set up my zones and a started a watering schedule without any difficulty. But using Rachio’s More > Controller Settings > HomeKit > Add HomeKit Accessory path or just using Apple’s Home > Add Accessory path each fail in the same way: Despite accurately entering the HomeKit Code supplied by the Rachio app, Apple’s Home app never offers the Rachio device as something to add. Wi-Fi signal is plenty strong (eeroOS 6.1.0-877), iPhone is running iOS 14.3, the controller is running iro-firmware-hk-5-632, and, since first starting up HomeKit stuff eighteen months ago or so, dozens of items have been added (and remain successfully running) on HomeKit at this address. I double-checked and the Rachio controller is permitted to run on the network without any restrictions imposed vis-a-vis the router.

Very happy to read in this thread that my troubles seem to be connected to Rachio firmware code that is being actively updated to fix said problems. I’m longtime a software developer, including on all Apple platforms (alas, I’ve only done a modest bit of HomeKit-related coding), but would nevertheless be happy to help with beta testing.

It’s exciting to see the project seems to be making significant progress. For those of us having lots of trouble with HK, how do we get on the eventual beta?

Hey all! Please share your interest in joining the HomeKit Beta by filling out this form. We’ll use this contact information to let you know when Beta launches.

:cheers:

4 Likes

Joined the beta program.

1 Like

I just had to re-add it again. Nice to see at least the app has been fixed so don’t need to open up phone settings to add it back in.

joined the beta as well… hopefully this one will finally give us HomeKit capability on v3. I’ve been removing and re-adding almost monthly to maintain HomeKit and each time had to reset each zone.

I requested to join the beta even though mine has been working perfectly without disconnects for approximately six months. I will take one for the team :joy::joy:

1 Like

I too joined the beta.

I bought the new eero Pro Wi-Fi 6 mesh pack and hoped it would solve my disconnect issues… no such success. Lasted a bit over a week.

I have always been amazed and not really understood why my Rachio 3 works so well when others do not…

It has got to be my Synology Router RT2600ac base with Synology Mesh Router MR2200ac system.

See: https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/RT2600ac

Hi,

Just coming back with the obligatory HomeKit integration stopped working a few days ago comment. It was working for the past few months, what happened???

Mine will go weeks without issues and then disconnect a bunch of times in one week.

The one way I’ve noticed it will disconnect is if one of my devices are on the same wifi network as the rachio when I leave home and my device switches to cellular. So I split my network into two networks. One for my HomeKit stuff and one for my iOS devices.

All my base stations are in bridge mode so I’m wondering if maybe it has something to do with my u-verse gateway as it handles the routing?

Happy 2021! I believe we are close to beta test, will reach out when ready. Latest update.

4 Likes

Today is finally the day. We are ready for Homekit Beta Testing.

If you would like to help out, please fill out this form.

Thank you for your patience in this journey! :cheers:

3 Likes

You need permission

This form can only be viewed by users in the owner’s organisation.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake. Learn more.