Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

I’ve had to re-add it back into homekit multiple times over the last week. We have been having storms so power goes out for a few minutes.

All my other homekit devices come back online once the power becomes back online except the rachio Which requires manually reconnecting by holding down the WiFi button and reconnecting it.

This is really getting old.

Is a fix even still being worked on? Is there any hope and if so when?

Good morning everyone, apologies for the late update, I was on vacation with my family last week.

This is the Homekit update for July 13th, 2020.

Last week, We were able to reach a base legal agreement with our contractor and have plans for their resources to start working on the WiFi SDK upgrade once we get the last details approved. In the update for later this week, I will be able to share a broader timeline for their work.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and thank you for being Rachio customers.

Michael

2 Likes

Good afternoon everyone, this is the Homekit update for July 17th, 2020. Not much to update since last update from earlier in the week. We are still working out the final details with our contractor. It is an important agreement to get correct.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and thank you for being Rachio customers.

Just wasted an hour trying to get it to reconnect to Wifi.

It’s stuck at blue next orange that turns red.

This is how I found it. Tried holding down the WiFi button and adding back in a bunch of times. Also tried leaving it unplugged for ten minutes.

I’ve restarted my network and iPhone.

I’ve never been unable to add it back in.

I finally got it added back in by holding down the stop button. Holding the stop button also removes it from homekit. So then I had an add it back in to HomeKit. In order to get it to add back into HomeKit I had to restart my hub.then in homekit give my zones proper names again.

It’s been a year and still no fix for this issue.

I really need to take this POS controller and throw it in the trash and buy one that actually works.

FWIW, I’ve had the same issue and we do have a mesh network. I recently added the Rachio to a reserved IP port on my network, then unplugged the Rachio and powered it back up. I haven’t had any issues since. Hope this helps someone else out!

What do you mean a reserved IP port?

Do you mean a fixed IP?

Correct. Still going strong with HomeKit.

And what rev firmware?

iro3-firmware-hk-5-632

@franz
is there any way to ROLL BACK? I don’t want to wait until next season for HomeKit to function correctly.

I Asked 18 days ago, no response.
Thanks

This was mentioned back in March or April: they can push the older firmware down from their side. Just PM @franz your serial number

Ill send him another PM. Think I sent one about 4 weeks ago, nothing happened.

Am curious … some here have reported that HomeKit is working fine while running the 632 firmware, many others not so lucky. I’m still at 615 and HK has always worked fine. If I knew for sure that 632 wouldn’t put the kibosh on HK, I’d update simply to see if doing so would get rid of the “17 updates available” anomaly in the Home app, discussed here. Thoughts?

It’s possible franz isn’t around anymore or they don’t downgrade anymore but that’s how I and a few others got downgraded to version 131 (which seems to not have any HomeKit issues)

Good morning everyone! This is the Homekit update for July 27th, 2020.

We have an agreement in place for our firmware contractor and we are kicking off the project this week!

The project is going to consistent of 3 phases:

1. Implement ADK directly and then test and verify it fixes the issue. This is slated to be completed by mid to late September. Once we have this version, I will be reaching out to our beta testers who have graciously volunteered to help us out.
  2. Once we know this path fixes the issue, we will then upgrade our WiFi chip firmware to the most recent version. That should be done by mid to late October. From there, we will do a second round of beta testing with our volunteers.
  3. Testing, upgrading or making changes to our firmware is something I take very seriously and we have to make sure this change is a positive experience for all of our users. So we will be doing testing with our contractor, our team, and with our beta volunteers. Once this is complete, we will start rolling it out to our wider customer base.

The good news, is that if this issue is impacting you, we can possibly have a fix as early as mid-September for you to try.

Thank you for being Rachio customers and I am excited to get this work completed so you all can use this capability.

Have a wonderful week.

Michael

8 Likes

@gizbug Can you send an email to michael.immell@rach.io from the email associated with your controller and I can coordinate a firmware downgrade.

Thanks much.

Michael

Done.
Thanks

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all have had a good week so far.

This is the July 31st, 2020 Homekit update. This week we had our initial introductions and scheduled our kickoff meeting to initiate the programming work on the project. We are still on track for the ADK Beta testing for mid to late September.

Thank you all for being Rachio customers and have a wonderful weekend.

Michael

3 Likes

It would be great if this issue is fixed as I really like this controller but really over constantly having to add it back in.