Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Every.single.post you have on here says " My Rachio works perfectly."
Well guess what bud, 90% of us who us homekit, OURS doesn’t! We know yours is perfect, so lets give it a rest already! Boasting yours is error free helps no one.

Hey Bud, I am not boasting about anything. I’m simply stating mine works. I started this thread 2 + years ago because mine didn’t work for months… I don’t know why mine works and find it very strange.

If you look at my post I am telling the poster to return the controller and BAIL now because the Rachio 3 is more than likely never going to work consistently for everyone. It has become obvious that Rachio can’t fix this and is in over their head. Maybe someday but probably not…

If you don’t like my post don’t read them. I have helped many in this community in the past and others have helped me

2 Likes

@Macsterguy. What is your setup to see if anyone can replicate? What wifi /router products do you have? What configuration setup do you on your wifi? What version firmware is running on the Rachio? What version of iOS? What HomeKit hub are you using?

Glad that yours works but provide details to see if anyone else can match your setup!

I am out of my return window have had rachio for years and this was upgraded when v3 came out just for HomeKit!!!

1 Like

:laughing:

yep

FYI - There is a new community moderator. Laura is gone. @dane will be taking over as a moderator in the Rachio Community.

The Latest Official HomeKit Updates update from @dane was posted 5/10:

05/10/2021 Update

• I’m sorry that I do not have new updates. Our Engineering leads (Franz and Michael) working with Cypress are out of office until Monday, May 17th. As such, I will not have a technical update to share this Friday, May 14th, but will provide an update the following Monday (the 17th).

(mine works)

• Rachio firmware v 5-632 - Rachio is connected via 2.4 GHz
  • Synology mesh Routers - out of the box setup - 2.4 & 5GHz bands
  • iPhones, iPads - os 14.5.1 (current) and Mac’s (running Big Sur) Rachio / HomeKit works on all
    • Rachio no longer works on Apple Watch
  • Many HomeKit hubs. Currently, old HomePod (big one) is Hub (and up to date)

This is the thing. I don’t really care if mine works. I would rather use the Rachio App… I just try to help others. I wish I could snap my fingers because Rachio just can’t seem to fix this… I will give them points for trying BUT -0- points for not keeping users informed as Promised.

BIG Texas storms (again) last night. Lost power at least 3 times (10 min or less). Rachio re-connected without issue… I just don’t get it…

They might as well just officially announce you are on the payroll.

Today it went offline and after trying all the usual tricks to get it back online I took a break and took a shower and then when I went to mess with it again it had put itself back online.

It’s Voodoo…

But at some point either it is going to get fixed or thrown in the trash and replaced by something that actually works as advertised like the RainMachine.

I would rather they just fix this for everyone…
Sort of sick of the topic. If I could delete this thread (I started) I would. I will look to see if I can… Besides, mine works.
:joy::joy::joy:

I have yet to get mine on HomeKit in the first place.

:slightly_frowning_face:

Here is an example of what my power did on 5/10 during what Texans call a spring shower yet my Rachio connects back up to Wifi and HomeKit 95% of the time. A reboot fixes it if it doesn’t. (*Ive been monitoring it as I consider a whole home backup generator).

My question is - WHY? - does mine work (when honestly, I don’t really care if it does - hence, I am not boasting that it does). Just trying to help others and figure this out. There is nothing special about my setup that I am aware of… I truly wish I could tell you all since it looks like Rachio can’t tell us.

I started the thread because I was having problems. Mine started working a couple months later. I offered to beta test to help others if I could. The beta bricked my controller. Rachio sent me another controller really fast (which I appreciated). The second controller / has worked great. I’m sorry but it has…

Having said all that (and since I am viewed as being on Rachio’s payroll), I wish you all lots of luck getting your’s working.

1 Like

I for one appreciate your contributions to this thread.

:+1::+1::+1:

Maybe because they sent you a replacement controller that does not have this issue

I’ve considered that but the first controller was working fine with HomeKit (before loading the beta firmware). Both on v 5-632 as I recall. I shipped the original / bricked controller back to Rachio. They looked identical so I don’t know…?

I drive a Honda CRV Hybrid.
CarPlay was forever crashing and then it stopped charging the 12 volt battery properly. Googled some stuff and found out that there was a recall on it to do a software update on the 12 volt to 12 volt regulator. This was to correct an issue with improperly doped chips or something. Anyway this software upgrade fixed everything even the CarPlay.

Maybe some of the controllers have a manufacturing hardware issue like my Honda did.

I did the power cycle, stop button reset, reboot of home hubs, and went to put back in to homekit. Still nothing. Bummed. lots of effort for no reward.

Class action time?

2 Likes

You are taking it too far! Consider how surprising it is that the company has allowed customers to bitch about the product in thread for this along and not even minded people recommending competitor’s products.

1 Like

For real? Because my guess was that this is a hardware anomaly that seems not to affect everyone, I knew this would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. So, I gave up on this working in my allotted time frame awhile ago. And, when my deadline did hit, I just went out and purchased something else that met my needs now. Which yes BTW, Rachio has allowed some of us even to discuss those products in here a little bit. But sue a company that has and is trying is not even a reasonable thing to suggest. The world used to be a place before lawyers that men accepted reality and took their hits and moved on. Gift your Rachio which does work and works well, and buy something else. Complaining never solved anything. - “Mistakes are the portals of discovery.” -JAMES JOYCE

3 Likes