Intermatic Mechanical Timer Replace

Sorry, misunderstood where it was leaking. Is that the only place?

Any part that I used a screw adapter with teflon type tape. So valves and where the ball is. Going to just remove and see if there is a straight pipe fix. Unless you recommend something

Cutting midway to the spigot from the valve would allow you to disconnect the whole assembly, in case you are making the other cuts as well. Valve can then be unscrewed without additional cut between assembly and the valve.

How big of a leak do you have? Is it dripping or flowing?

Dripping, all 4. The siphon pipes easy to do, it said 6” from sprinkler or floor and i made sure to have more incase i needed cut. The ball is gonna be the tough part lol.

Also the siphons were closed, not sure how to open them manually, there’s the flow knob which i assumed was all the way open and there is the part that unscrews with the cables, do you know which allows water to flow?

So it could drip due to the pressure?

Yes, normally the system would not be under the full pressure, so the leak will be much less (if at all). Also, depending on how clean your water is that you are pumping out, the leaks will get clogged up.

Valve(s) can be opened by turning the part with the wires (solenoid). CCW to turn ON, CW to turn back off.

So should I test again rn with the solenoid open and how open should I turn them? To see if it leaks?

Simply turn until the water starts flowing (sprinklers pop up). The water itself does not flow through the solenoid, so you only need to turn enough for the actual mechanism to turn on.

So i’ll test rn.

So yeah turned on til you felt the water go through, they still leak. The ball spot same amount. The valve siphon less but still leaks.

Best bet is just to redo, do wiring and wait 24 hours to do it again after it dries?

If it drips, I’d give it a chance to seal itself, you are only loosing a few cups of water per hour your sprinklers are running so in terms of financial losses it’s negligible, especially since you are pumping from the well / lake.

Yeah, but if it leak after i do wiring tomorrow i’m changing them sunday. Because I rather it done right you know?

2 Likes

Started hurricaning outside so only got to put box up.

2 Likes

In my wiring diagram I didn’t attach the green wire to anything (the green wire that the plug plugs into) and it’s not turning on. The black and white cable get power, you sure green goes no where i emailed you call me or text or reply if you can

For anyone who follows this, yes you wire the green ac chord in rachio to green from your old timer… Took awhile figured it out.

However when i turn the breaker back on the pump starts

Green on the rachio plug goes to GND terminal of the internal power outlet, since rachio power supply does not feature a third GND terminal, that plug is unused, thus green wire (internal to Rachio enclosure) is not nessesary.

Take pictures of your wiring. We’ll see if we can find an issue (pump should not turn on). Have you tried plugging anything else into the power outlet (such as light) and see if outlet is live?

Does your controller power up when plugged into a different outlet (other than the one within the enclosure)?

Hey so two things it turned on cause I had it in 24+ not in the right place. As for the green ground cable for ac adapter, I connected it to the green cable coming from the right. Without that it wouldn’t turn on. But got everything working, now what’s left is the pipes leaking. If anyone needs help feel free to ask, i’ll get notification and i’ll know and help.

If it works… But I’m still lost as to why the green wire was needed within the Rachio enclosure. Looking forward to after pictures :+1:

The wiring is emberrasing. Whoever placed it in the first time for mechanical timer did not make the wires long enough. They were exact to size so it just looks like cluttered twist tie things that are waterproof.

Well it needed ground to power… But then again I had 24+ volts in the wrong section… I had them in 24V part instead of CM…

Maybe that’s why? But now they’re in right spot and the 24V is in the right section. But honestly I think it needed to be grounded

Rachio power supply has only two terminals

So plugging it into the grounded outlet should not really provide any benefit:

The third ground port of the outlet is technically unused (nothing is connecting to it).

As far as your setup, looks great! If everything works (and not on fire), you must have done something right :wink: