HomeKit still not working reliably

Hello, I’m checking in to see if there have been any updates on reliably keeping the controller connected to HomeKit. My controller is in a “no response” status for about 90% of the time. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it stays connected for a few minutes and then it’s back to no response. It’s connected to WiFi as I can control it from the app. All other devices nearby are fine. Anyone else with this issue…and a fix? image

Same… this is the reason I upgraded from a gen 1. :weary:

I had an issue where it was jumping on and offline period but it was because I had added a WiFi repeater to close to it and it was having some issues with that because I removed it and I’m back to rock solid.

What gen unit is it and how’s your WiFi setup? 2.4 or 5 and same or different passcodes?

If you watch the unit is it coming online then dropping offline itself or is it strictly a HomeKit issue and it’s always online?

Hey friends! Latest update published here: Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

I have over 10 home hubs between Apple TV’s and HomePods.

This is the only device that gives me this much trouble, WiFi is dual band but it’s still the same VLAN/subnet so that argument doesn’t count.

Occasionally I have other WiFi devices not respond but it’s rare and a simple reboot clears it up but not with the Rachio, it never works longer than 5 minutes after a factory reset

I have a bunch of hubs, no joy.