I have had zero problems with Rachio in the Home App for months now… I know that doesn’t help others issues but here is some info that hopefully help push this along:
Maybe I am just lucky? Or maybe because of my current config *see screenshots:
Router - Synology AC 2600 (mesh capable by adding another access point). I have only the one…
- I am using “Smart Connect” IE - letting the router manage which items use 2.4 or 5gHhz networks…
- I have noticed that my "smart devices: -for the most part- are on the 2.4 network. *see screenshot
- Some like the Leviton switches are on 5gHz?
I think more importantly, As illustrated below, I have 4 home hubs showing in the Apple Home App:
• Living Room Apple TV (ATV 4K) - The one that is “Connected” (via ETHERNET) almost always
• Living Room HomePod - Standby - connected via WiFi
• Master Bedroom ATV - In Standby (via ETHERNET)
What I have noticed about Hubs:
*I have seen the HomePod “Connected” and Rachio still works…
*A new iPad is not showing up as a Hub… It did, but now it does not??
*The connected Living Room Apple TV (ATV 4K) is connected to my network via (good ole) VIA ETHERNET Hmmmmm…
Again, for what this information is worth, I am having NO Rachio issues whatsoever.
*Suggestion - Try connecting your "Connected Apple Home Hub VIA ETHERNET if Possible??
** Also, I must say again, Once this is all working for you, ALL YOU CAN DO is turn single zones ON and OFF - That’s it… The Rachio App is the only one to use IMHO *see screenshots
I Hope this helps!