HomeKit still not working reliably

I had to change some Arlo stuff and noticed that my Rachio 3 had turned Into “no response” state.

I know network and SSID hasn’t changed.
Removed it and now, like others, I cannot re-add it.
Tried power cycling it, but no luck.

It shows up fine in the direct app. But I have some automations I’d like to build via homekit ( I upgraded from a first gen to this for homekit - both have worked fine via Rachio app, but now wondering if I wasted my $$ given all the homekit issues ).

Any ETA on a workable fix? I’m on firmware 631.

Hey friends!

Just wanted to share an update posted in another thread:

:cheers:

Same issue with HomeKit.

I did the reset back in March where I lost all settings, finally was able to get everything added manually. Now HomeKit isn’t working again and I do not want to go thru the trouble of redo everything

1. it’s bad that there is no way to reset without losing all settings. Really, this is an v1 overlook.
  2. Mesh network is just a way to push the blame on someone else. I had completely created a separate non-mesh network and still can’t get it to work.
  3. I’m close to just sell this and put my original non-internet version of sprinkler controller back. If you are thinking of buying one, think twice.
  4. Please don’t tell me the only solution is to reset and start fresh again.

@eggyacid Ill have an engineer from our team reach out to you.

Hey everyone! Just to keep things organized and make sure people are getting the most up to date information, I’m going to close this thread. Our team is working hard to replicate, troubleshoot, and resolve the issues we’re seeing in HomeKit. That is being documented weekly here (and I have linked to the most recent post as of this comment):

2 Likes