API support for Smart Hose timer?

Don’t hold your breath to make it within the return window.

I just ordered two to replace my b-hyve and recieved the first one today.
Excited to set it up so I could have it all on the same platform as my Rachio for my lawn, with weather intelligence and Home Assistant (api) integration.

Boop boopi-doo…
Only fixed (time if day) schedules and no api ??? Really?
Please tell me this is an oversight or a rush to release the product in the spring and that these issues will be fixed in future updates?

2 Likes

Haha well all I meant was I’m hoping for some acknowledgement that the API is coming before my return window runs out.

Ultimately I’ll probably make the switch anyway as I like the form factor on the rachio and everything…but getting the API thing worked out would seal the deal.

2 Likes

I just bought the device, assuming it is supported by the homeassistant rachio integration. The built-in rachio integration of HA is the main reason why I bought this instead of a different brand. It is very disappointed to find out the device is not supported. I will have to return it to get something else that is supported by HA.

2 Likes

+1 on API bought 5 to use with Home Assistant next to the Rachio 3 controller…will return them now and just have to come up with a diff solution…:frowning: Not even seeing the one I opened for testing show up in the browser app as I prefer it over the phone, disappointed with this, otherwise love Rachio!!!

2 Likes

Agree, sadly seen this too many times…either with internal forked solutions diff teams etc… ends up destroying products and/or their interoperability! The phone app has it place, but prefer the web app (seems to be not supported for the hose timer) and want an overview and ability to script against an API in Home Assistant this to further fine tune my usage. Really hoping all this will get added!!

1 Like

It has been three months since the conversation started in March. Hope the Product Manager of Rachio Smart Hose Timer software has some updates on whether/when the API support will be added before my return window closes.

1 Like

@dane @franz would you at least be able to provide some sort of response to this? Understandable if you don’t have a definite answer, but a response would at least validate that you’re here and taking this feedback into consideration. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @lnjustin! We’re definitely watching the topic and keeping track of the replies. We do not have anything to share regarding open API support. I know that a couple of people asked about the Smart Hose Timer on the web app. Regarding web app support for Smart Hose Time I can say with certainty that we do not plan to support new features on the web app, this includes the Smart Hose Timer. Please refer to this post by Franz here. I know that this is not what you want to hear, but I can confirm that our focus is on our iOS and Android apps.

That’s a very disappointing update. Was really hoping we would at least hear that adding the API support is on the road map…or something.

As mentioned above, I am currently using two b-hyve hose timers. I actually ordered one rachio timer since then in hopes of sending the b-hyve timers back.

Looks like it’ll be the rachio that gets sent back…

3 Likes

I completely agree. This is very disappointing. All others, but this product, support API. Feels this product was rushed to the market.

2 Likes

I just received my smart hose timer today and am returning it after coming across this thread. I was under the impression Rachio supported all of their devices via API and their webapp. This is really disappointing. I like the product but am exchanging for a B-Hyve. Wish I would have known about this earlier so I could have saved myself the trouble.

3 Likes

Hi @dane. +1 for Smart Hose Timer API so that it can be integrated into Home Assistant.

I just purchased the product and will be returning it unless you can confirm Rachio is actively working on this.

2 Likes

What exactly are you all watching for? There’s clearly an interest so I’m not sure else needs to be seen.

2 Likes

For me, I want to use the timer in homeassistant. Currently there is a HA integration for rachio. However, the API support does not exist for this timer, I cannot even add the device to app.rach.io/location so HA integration does not show the device.

3 Likes

I plan to switch to the B-Hyve Smart Hose Timer which already has a HA integration: GitHub - sebr/bhyve-home-assistant: Orbit BHyve custom component for Home Assistant

1 Like

That is also my plan.

2 Likes

Rachio - I don’t want to walk around my house opening apps on my phone to do things like turn on a sprinkler. I went through a lot of trouble to turn my entire house into a smart house with home assistant. I don’t want to use your app, ever.

With that being said…I returned my “smart timer” this morning, got credited back almost immediately by amazon and ordered a b-hyve with next day delivery with the difference in $. Can’t wait to integrate it into home assistant!

1 Like

What @cory said!

I also want this to work with home assistant. Can we please get API access?

I just ordered one assuming it worked under the previous integration, I’d hate to have to return it because it won’t work.

massive disappointment, would return if I could but I’m stuck with it now. Suppose its on me for not searching beforehand, I assumed rachio’s stuff would be available to Home Assistant based on the sprinkler integration. Others, be warned!