Well, who's pumped for the next release?

Well, obviously you people get paid by the cutsie questions you throw into the app. Here’s a clue for you who have never worked in the field - literally: the controller cares Not At All about the style of emitter, the soil conditions, other cute ideas you have. The controller only cares about when it goes on and when it goes off. And you know what — that’s what your clients purchased the controller for.

How can you have a screen which says Schedule Run that shows only the times – doesn’t include frequency!! And that’s not even the screen where you actually Schedule.

Please don’t update me again – I’m tired of having to re-enter all my schedules. I’m tired of you turning off my schedules so that plants die. In Arizona one day of water is a life and death issue.

Your last update deleted entirely the zone that was running at the time.

Please, give the proposed update to people who haven’t used it to field test. Or stop paying your programmers by the cute-ness and pay them to eliminate redundant screens.

Rita Brown

What is the use of “Quick Run”? It only stays on for 10 minutes. Entering a longer time has no effect, it only runs for 10 minutes. I can’t walk my zone in 10 minutes to check operation. Why can we not input numerals? Why can we not select to augment the zone schedule by just selecting run and enter numerals for 12 hours run. As it is now, I have to disrupt the schedule, enter a complete new schedule just for an extra water session.

How about a simple "On now for (numerically enter length of time, not the tap-to-advance-minute-by-minute that is there now)?

Ten hours is the limit of time I can run my Controller in a drip zone?!?! Seriously? Do you know we actually grow trees in the desert? And do you know how we do it efficiently?

Can you clarify “Transferring settings from your old controller to your new controller can now be done during on-boarding.” How is it done?

@REIGNiNSLAYER

When you add a new controller through the app, if you have existing controllers (same number or less zones than the new controller), it will prompt you to copy settings from the existing controller to the newly installed controller.

:cheers:

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying. :metal:

Absolutely heroic release Mckynzee. Been asking for this for close to three years! You finally delivered, and thank you to you and the development team. Better turnaround would be ideal, now your solution is exceptional instead of good.

THANK YOU!

Just configured it, now I will be able to use it, once the weather warms up here! :slight_smile:

Would love to be able to reverse the zone watering on alternate days, with just two schedules:

Schedule one - even days
Zones 1 - 12 - 20 minute delay between each

Schedule two - odd days
Zones 12 - 1 in reverse order - 20 minute delay between each

I can accomplish this with 24 separate schedules, but that is time-consuming to setup, configure and maintain. How about adding an option to “select” the order the zones will be watered?

Hope we get this and it does not take three years. :wink:

@jbroady

If you navigate to the edit zone durations screen you can press and hold on the zone (left side hamburger icon) and drag to reorder zones. Does that help what you are trying to accomplish?

This worked beautifully Franz. Kind of a hidden feature, but this was an easy process. Two workflow enhancements in one night for me. Very happy and thanks again!

1 Like

In the fall I hook up an air compressor to my underground sprinklers to blow them out. I need time between blowing out zones for my compressor to refill. Can I/how do I use the Delay Between Zones feature? I do not have a well or pump. I also have a gen 1 controller.

That’s a great idea! I’m going to play around and see if I can make a sepereate schedule that uses the waits for this…

By the way, for many users with Indexing Valves this feature is also very helpful!

Indexing Valves (by design) require at least a short pause between zones (2-3 minutes is enough for most units out there). Prior to this feature, users with indexing valves were required to keep each zone in a separate schedule. Now all of the zones can be activated within one schedule as long as Well / Pump start relay is selected with at least a short pause.

I think it would be helpful to include an option for indexing valve (so Master Valve, Indexing Valve, Well / pump …) with a mandatory minimum soak time of 1 minute. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Gene

2 Likes

Brand new Rachio user with a well pump setup…

Should we not be able to select both “Smart Cycle” and “Delay Between Zones” at the same time?
Why is it just one or the other?

We stared hitting all kinds of complexity in the cloud software as well as UI design. For now unfortunately it’s one or the other.

Thanks for the very quick response.

So if I select ‘Delay Between Zones’, can you tell me how the zone would be watered?
Would it do a:

• ‘Smart Cycle’
  • ‘manual cycle and soak’ (Im assuming it wouldn’t do this because there’s no way to specify the cycle/soak times’
  • or just a non-stop watering (i.e.‘no cycle and soak’)?

Thanks again for your help.

It’s a simple delay in between zone runs.

If you select that feature the system will stop watering after each zone for the pre-determined amount of time that you have selected.

Sorry, I understand that the delay between zones adds a simple delay.

What Im asking is, because I can only select ‘delay between zones’, how will the other ‘Cycle and Soak’ settings behave?
I am unable to select smart cycle/manual cycle and soak/no cycle and soak…so when I select ‘delay between zones’, which of those 3 cycle and soak methods will be used?

Does that make sense?

1 Like