Weather Underground station not showing up for Gen 3 controller

my gen 3 is not seeing my wunderground station which is broadcasting and I have no clue why. Can anyone help me? wunderground station is KMAHOLDE23

How long has the station been online?

About 4 days or so

OK, let’s give it another day or so. If still not visible I’ll reach out to WU. I know it takes a few days to show up.

:cheers:

Been pretty consistent for a full week to go by to show up in rachio. Can almost set ur watch by it.

ok so my weather station just showed up so it was just a delay. My next question is if I use weather intelligence on my Rachio 3 will it pull the rainfall, humidity, and UV data from my weather station to calculate water loss/soil saturation but still use the other PWS stations, NOAA data, etc for overall prediction of the weather over the next few days or does it just treat my weather station as part of the wunderground system? Conversely if I pick my weather station instead of weather intelligence how does it predict the weather for the next 2-3 days?

1 Like

We use precipitation data from your PWS. At one point we tried using PWS to derive evapotranspiration (ET) but there are multiple reasons why that was a bad idea. I have a rant somewhere around here…

We now use the closest national data. It’s worked very well to this point. I’d be sure to pick your PWS so we actively use that for precipitation at your house. Our forecasted data comes from a blend of NOAA, radar, satellite, etc.

Hope this helps.

Same problem here…i’ve had my acurite setup with WU for a couple weeks now and it’s still not showing up on the Rachio list…

FWIW i will echo that the “hyperlocal” forecast seems to rely heavily on forecast…but when that forecasted rain doesn’t occur, the schedule doesn’t appear to account for that. my lawn is turning brown because we’ve had no rain, although there was some forecasted that didn’t happen. I see the smart schedule shift/change…but…i personally feel like having accurate data from my PWS (which would include rainfall amounts) would be better. maybe i’m missing something here…

@atmatthews1 What is your station ID?

Hi Franz - it’s “KMEYORK25”.

General thoughts on using my Acurite vs the Weather Network? I’ve seen varying opinions on this topic…perhaps I just need to give the Rachio system more time? Or, are PWS’s the way to go?

I’ve forwarded this information to IBM/WU. Will let you know their response.

My recommendation is always use a PWS if you are confident regarding the station. The accuracy will be better than interpolated data and more timely.

Thanks Franz…just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything w/r the PWS.
I used to work for IBM so I won’t hold my breath for an immediate response. :wink:
Thanks again!

:joy: Well you certainly know the drill.

@atmatthews1 Good news. IBM has told us your station should be available in the next day or so.

The issue has been resolved and you should see all stations within 24 hours!

Hi Franz…still not seeing my weather station…

@franz - finally saw my PWS show up this morning…
There’s got to be a better way to do this? I’m assuming Acurite exposes their API to WU…can Rachio not directly integrate w/ PWS’s?

I am having this issue as well. Rachio Gen3 can’t find my weather station. It has been active/visible on WU for 4 weeks now. My station ID is KGANEWNA99. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am having this issue as well. Rachio Gen3 can’t find my weather station. It has been active/visible on WU for 4 weeks now. My station ID is KGANEWNA99. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.