My PWS not showing up

24:C8:6E:0C:39:2B is an acurite station ID, correct. I was asking about your weather underground station ID, which would not be the same.
Here is an example of WU station ID: KFLLAKEW139
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLLAKEW139

What is yours? You should be able to lookup your station information here:
https://www.wunderground.com/member/devices

Mine is named 11S

Station I’d KNYSELDE24

Do you have the WU station KNYSELDE24 setup within acurite (here) under “Sharing to Weather Underground”?

I made an account on the site. I’m taking it takes a few days

Yes, but first you need to add the station data over at myacurite settings page (see my previous post for the right page to do so), so that your WU station will be getting data. You will see your data here in case you are successful:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYSELDE24

Added all settings hopefully in couple days it will pop up. Thank you I will let you know if all went well I appreciate it

I see that your station is still offline, be sure to use the right station key from weather underground settings, found here (link):

Specify it in place of “Weather Underground password” within myacurite (here):

Alas they are not asking for your general weather underground password, rather they are asking for a station key for that particular station.

Hope this clears up why your weather underground station is still offline.

Good luck,
Gene

Now that it states online how long will it be before my controller sees it ?? Thank you, you have been very helpful

1 Like

It will likely show up as a choice between 5 and 7 days. That is how long it takes to pass QC on the backend and be listed via a public API

Thank you very much I’ll check on it in a week. I appreciate your time and knowledge Stay Safe

1 Like

I see a lot of excitement on the forum about PWS stations, but it appears that Rachio only uses PWS data for rainfall - not for the calculation of water loss. Once you specify a PWS as your sttation, you have no ability to control which NWS/NOAA weather station Rachio uses for ET calculations. It’ll pick the closest, which, as in my case, isn’t working properly, or sits in an area not compatible with your location.

Rachio does pick the closest National station, not just any PWS.

National stations (like those in the airports) have equipment which is far more reliable than any of the consumer products, they also have employees who’s job it is to maintain the station and verify the data (using alternative methods).

Thanks @Gene! We do plan on using interpolated weather to derive ET, will be released once beta and other validation is finished. Should provide more accurate ET values :smiley:

:cheers:

1 Like

My default NOAA station is KNUQ. It fails to provide any data after 6:55am. So ET calculations are way low. Rachio fails to detect this lack of data, and doesn’t allow me to exclude it from list of available stations. So selection of a PWS station results in bad data for ET calculations.
IMO Rachio should allow selection of PWS stations for ET calculations. I have dozens of good PWS stations close by. Right now I’m forced to select a NOAA station 11 miles away, so I can’t select a PWS station for rainfall. Precipitation data will be pretty useless.

Gene, can you help me as well. I have my PWS set up and it’s showing up on Wunderground, Ambient Weather and PWS Weather but not a choice to select on Rachio.

Since you have the data on WU and pwsweather, there is nothing else that is needed to use it with any generation of Rachio controllers. Your station may simply be under a week old, which is a minimum time to pass QC and show up as a choice on a Rachio map.

Yes, it was installed on Aug 10. I provided a DIY on the Ambient Weather on my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/HYrlp8pXrSU. For Weather Underground my station ID is ILIPA3. For PWS Weather it is VILLAFELIZX1. I wish to also add one of my CCTV camera’s to WU but have not been successful and I haven’t found a good DIY video or article on specific configuration of Dahau cameras to WU.
Thanks for you very quick reply. I hope to see my PWS on Rachio soon.

1 Like

Just an update. After reaching out to you last night I checked my Rachio Weather Intelligence options and now see PWS_VILLAFELIZX1 showing up and I was able to select it as my preferred station. I’m not sure if you had anything to do with this but from all the help you’ve done with other Rachio customers I wouldn’t be surprised.
Thanks for the quick response to my question regarding this process. ~jaMes My PI Dream

No, it has not been my doing :slight_smile:
Pwsweather has been changing much this year, it used to take only a couple of hours for a new station to show up on the Rachio map, but than they’ve implemented a QC process, similar to what WU is doing. I guess they are still tweaking the formula so to speak, I’m glad it didn’t take as long, perhaps they will implement this shorter QC process in general.