Unexpected error has ocured

I have had the Rachio 3 for about 6 months and no issues. It’s been raining a lot, so it’s been off. Today I put new sod in my yard and wanted to run it, but now I see it’s offline and I can’t get it connected. I’ve spent over 3 hours on this. Tech support has not replied yet.

I have power-cycled the router, unplugged the unit for 15+ mins several times, went through the resetting the wifi and each time it finds my network and shows the Rachio unit as an Accessory Name, then when it’s going through the “setting up this accessory to join xxx network” it says an unexpected error has ocured over and over.

I see the blue light, then in the second bar is the blinking yellow.

I’m beginning to think there is a problem with the unit. This is just so bad of timing when I need it the most. My neighbors are wondering why I’m watering my lawn with a hose. :frowning:

Hey CrazyKZ do you have an iPhone or iPad by chance that you’re running into the issue on? If so it might be a known issue that we’re working to resolve. I posted a potential work around (though a bit technical) that might help if this the issue you’re running in to. If not, let me know and I might be able to help another way. The work around I posted can be found here: Wont work with iPhone 11 & iOS 13.4.0

1 Like

Interesting. I used an older phone that doesn’t have 13.4x but it’s still on wifi. I tried to connect it to the controller and it only took 3 seconds and connected. :slight_smile:

Gee, I wish that there was a mass update sent out to all users that if you have iOS 13.4x your system won’t work and stop spending hours trying to figure it out.

Anyway, thanks for your help! Will we be notified when a permanent fix will be available?

1 Like