The Official HomeKit Updates Thread

We are still in a holding pattern as we wait for our resource to start immediately after Memorial Day. There will be more information posted here in the coming weeks.

1 Like

06/04/2021 Update

There has been a delay in our resource getting started this week. Our engineer is on track to begin work Tues/Wed next week.

3 Likes

06/11/2021 Update

Great news! Our HomeKit engineering team has started back up on the project in earnest. Hoping to provide more information next week.

3 Likes

06/18/2021 Update

Our HomeKit engineering team has added deep logging into the Rachio firmware to try and capture where in the networking code HomeKit is erroring out. This code will be deployed out to Beta customers so we can gather more information regarding this issue and work on next-steps.

:cheers:

3 Likes

06/25/2021 Update

We’ve rolled out the Beta of our new HomeKit firmware. We’re gathering controller log data in relation to HomeKit to track down the root cause. We have not identified it yet

2 Likes

@dane - You might want to edit the post as I think the update is really 6/25 and not 6/18. Just saying.

2 Likes

07/09/2021 Update

We met with the Apple team and will be incorporating their Rachio controllers to help with our beta program, they are also helping us follow up with Cypress (WiFi chip vendor) to see if they have made progress on any known networking issues with the chipset.

4 Likes

07/16/2021 Update

The Apple team has incorporated the beta into their controllers this week to collect data. They are working with Cypress (WiFi chip vendor) but have not identified any networking issues. We will continue to update as we learn more from our partners.

4 Likes

07/23/2021 Update

We continue to work with our partners to review the logs from controllers experiencing the issue.

5 Likes

07/30/2021 Update

The Apple team has replicated the issue on their Rachio controllers. Our teams are working together to analyze the logs. We will be meeting next week to review next steps.

9 Likes

08/06/2021 Update

Incorporating a new Apple Development Kit (5.3) into the firmware. The Apple engineering team is recommending this as it might correct the disconnect issues customers are experiencing.

6 Likes

08/13/2021 Update

Testing continues this week. There are no updates to share.

3 Likes

08/20/2021 Update

Work continues. There are no new updates to share this week.

3 Likes

08/27/2021 Update

Based on our learnings, we’ve rolled out new firmware to beta testers this week to get more information and review results.

3 Likes

09/3/2021 Update

Continuing to work with Apple. There are no new updates to share this week.

09/17/2021 Update

We have sent test units to Apple for debugging.

4 Likes

09/24/2021 Update

We are still awaiting for Apple to receive our test units.

10/01/2021 Update

Apple is testing our debug units.

1 Like

10/08/2021 Update

Apple is continuing to test our debug units.

10/15/2021 Update

Apple is continuing to test our debug units. There is no new information to share this week.