Suggestion: Yard Map for PC

The satellite images seem really old. We’ve done a lot of work on our property and doesn’t match The satellite image. Rachio, anyway, to update the satellite images?

I saw this message yesterday and installed the Android subsystem on my PC, only to find that Rachio doesn’t make its app available in the Amazon Appstore so…

I wasn’t even aware of the Yard Map feature until just a few days ago. I a PC to manage my controller and have been very disappointed to discover the disparity between what is possible from a PC and what the two different apps do. Why don’t they all have the same capability?

I have both a survey map and drone photos of my yard that I would like to use to map my sprinklers. I was actually getting ready to do it in PaintShop Pro when I discovered that some Rachio customers have that capability (although it seems limited in some ways). It seems like a good feature idea that has been allowed to just wither.

Rachio doesn’t run their own satelite system to update the maps, so im assuming you’ll have to wait until whatever database they are using gets updated. I know all thr mapping websites out there with satellite imagery all seem to be a couple years behind for my house.

I was able to map my 5 zones for my 8 zone R3 controller on a 9.7" iPad Pro, but it was next to impossible with my fingers. Probably would work a lot better with an Apple pencil or a stylus. It was not possible at all on my iPhone SEs. The screen is just too small.

PC or Mac would definitely be much easier and more accurate.

BTW: I doubt using the phones GPS would work very well given that if you got near a building or around trees, the obstacles would interfere with the triangulation to get an accurate enough reading for head placement?

@rachio are you monitoring this convo / request? When will it be available?

Unfortunately, Rachio has said they will not be doing much with the webpage