Serial number already in use?

@teamjawbox

Please take a picture of the serial number and you can private message me it.

:cheers:

Thanks!

My timer is also showing it was previously registered. VRO500661

Can you private message me a photo of the serial number?

Same issue, moved into a new house…help

@AlexBM - send a picture of the serial number (to prove you have possession of the device) to Franz using the direct message/private message feature of this board.

Welcome to the community.

I need help because on the app it doesn’t show my controller and when I try to add the controller back it gives me the error that it’s already in use
My serial number is ac6578899

@MrClear - did you just move into a house with a Rachio or buy a previously owned Rachio or …?

Have the steps in this article been followed?

Never mind got it to work, thanks for the help :+1:

I am having the same issue. I bought a Rachio system from amazon warehouse and somebody may have activated the system using the serial number. I called support and left a VM. I would really appreciate your assistance.

PM me the serial number (and a picture) as well as the email you used for account activation and I can have the engineering team transfer it.

Hello, I have the same problem. please can you help me?

Thank you.

Serial: VR2028312

@matias - this is a request that Rachio technical support needs to handle - community members can’t solve this. Email support at Rachio, or call.

1 Like

We just moved into our new home and have therefore inherited a Rachio system. I was trying to set it up via the app but haven’t been able to get it to connect to Wifi for some reason, but beyond that I assume I’ll need to make sure the serial number isn’t tied to the previous owners. Can you please make sure it’s not tied to them anymore so that I can get it setup

@Mina - this is mainly an end user supported community. You’ll need to call or email support at Rachio for help with the serial number issue.

Looks like you have an 8 port Gen 2 model. Follow the WiFi reset instructions for Gen 2, they are different than the Gen 3 version. Post back the light code (how many LEDs are lit) and any error messages you get in the app.

After you are on WiFi as @DLane mentioned, you will likely need to get it transferred to you via Rachio as mentioned in:
https://support.rachio.com/en_us/transfer-ownership-of-a-rachio-controller-to-your-account-S1EnDIJtP

Hi Mitchell. I’m having the same issue. Are u able to help?

I got a replacement unit because my second replacement glitched out, and I’m getting the same error.

Clearly the replacements under warranty are hastily-refurbished units, and this just adds to the frustration.