Reset HomeKit Without Resetting Entire Unit

I’d like to be able to pair my Rachio3 with my Home Assistant instance via HomeKit so that I can control the device locally rather than via the cloud API. However, it seems like HomeKit is stuck in a halfway paired state and won’t show up for either my Home Assistant instance or my iOS devices anymore. Is there any way to reset the HomeKit state on the Rachio3 without doing a full reset of the device?

I would love to know the answer to this as well. HomeKit doesn’t see the Rachio3 at all when trying to add an accessory. I had it in HomeKit previously and it worked great, but disappeared when I had to delete my old home and set up a new one in HomeKit.

that is also my problem

Finally got this working and my Rachio is finally talking to Home Assistant over HomeKit.

This post cleared everything up.

The settings for everything are saved to Rachio’s cloud service. You just need to hold the stop button to factory reset, wait for the amber light, go to the controller settings, update wifi, and add it back. From there, you can initiate a HomeKit connection again. Nothing will be lost except for the reliance on Rachio’s cloud service to control your device.

It sucks that there’s no timeout for the HomeKit connection, but I’m glad that I finally got it working. Even though it took me 5 months to get around to doing it.