HomeKit & Gen 3, not pairing

I’ve reset WiFi on controller, I’ve rebooted my iPhone, I’ve re-installed the Rachio iOS app…

While standing in front of my controller, on the same WiFi, I put the code in & all I get is this after waiting 30min & starting all over, many times:

Help?

What FW and App Version are you on? Also what version of iOS?

FW:

iOS 12.1

App v. 3.8.3

Okay I think I see what’s happening. Try the following steps.

1. From Add Accessory click on “Don’t Have a Code or Can’t Scan?
  2. You should see the device below “Nearby Accessories” it will look like the screenshot below.

If you are not seeing this device, it means your either on the wrong network or it hasn’t had enough time to start the HK service on the device. I’ve noticed that on certain routers, even being on different bands seems to cause some issues. I’ve also noticed that it can take a couple of minutes before the Accessory shows up.

The device never shows up like it does in your screen.

For me it looks like this for over 30min:

Then I try tapping on “manual code”, type in the code & then it sits on this screen for infinity:

Been on this for 4hrs now.

Turn Bluetooth on

Bluetooth on my iPhone is always on. Did you mean turn it off?

I let it sit all night on that screen hoping I would wake up to it paired, nothing.

I want to try one more thing. Can you go ahead and factory reset your controller by holding down the stop button? After you have completed the factory reset, you’ll need to add the device back to your wifi network (similar to wifi reset) and then see if it shows up under accessories.

This will not remove your device from the cloud or change any of your cloud settings.

I’m willing to try this as soon as I return home from work today, but will I lose all of my zone head settings? Or will I have to reconfigure my Smartthings/Rachio intergration settings? I’ll do it either way, just wanted to know before I reset. Thx

Those settings are all maintained in the cloud.

Thank you!

1. I needed to reset (once it fails during syncing, you must reset for it to be seen again)
  2. I needed to move into the garage during syncing (standing in front of controller outside of garage was too far for initial syncing).

Boom! I’m in :+1:t4:

Glad to hear it’s working!

This was EXACTLY the information I was looking for! You should make this troubleshooting tip a front page. I could not get my Rachio to show uo on HomeKit. Was about to do a hard factory reset, but then I saw your tip. Worked perfectly!