Rainbird ESP-8SI to Rachio 3 Wiring

I purchased the Rachio 3 and trying to find a good image of the wiring from the ESP-8si to Rachio 3? Thanks.

A picture of what you have is helpful. Here is a manual for that model: Rain Bird ESP-Si User Manual
However, I do not see the exact layout of wires for that model, a 6 instead of an 8 is on page 12. I would guess an 8 might be as follows, left to right, and how they connect to the Rachio.

1. 24VAC β€” do not connect to Rachio, use Rachio supplied power adapter
  2. 24VAC β€” see 1
  3. COM β€” Rachio has more than 1 β€˜C’ connector. If you have more than one wire, it does not matter if they are connected together or all separated (although, I personally would connect separately)
  4. MV β€” Master Valve/Pump. If you have one, connect to β€˜M’ and it needs to be configured in your app
  5. zone 8 β€” 8
  6. zone 7 β€” 7
  7. zone 6 β€” 6
  8. zone 5 β€” 5
  9. zone 4 β€” 4
  10. zone 3 β€” 3
  11. zone 2 β€” 2
  12. zone 1 β€” 1

I have a question about replacing my Rainbird ESP-8SI to a Rachio 3, my current system is a 8 zone and the Rachio is a 8 zone. I want to make sure that this will be a smooth replacement.
Would anyone mind looking at the pictures and seeing if everything looks good for the transition?

Others have changed their Rainbird ESP-8Si over to Rachio 3 without issues (Rainbird ESP-8SI to Rachio 3 Wiring - Troubleshooting - Rachio Community). You would use Rachio’s power supply instead of the Rainbird and the rest of the wires are simple. I would suggest making sure everything is working if at all possible before disconnecting, take pictures and/or label wires, and bring them over. COM β†’ C, MV (if any) β†’ M (if have, need to enable in app), 1-8 β†’ 1-8.

2 Likes

Thank you @Thomas_Lerman! I thought it looked straight forward but measure twice cut once and ask for anothers view always helps :slight_smile:
Appreciate your help!

No problem, we are glad to help. I agree on the measure twice, cut once.