Rachio says it is working but no water is coming out

My rachio has worked well for about a year but not it says it is watering but no water comes out. I even run it in manual mode across my 6 areas but they all say it is running fine but no water is coming out. I have checked all the connectors and they are all fine.

First simple thing to check is the water source for your irrigation. Make sure the double check valve is turned on.

Do you have a master valve?
Do you have a rain sensor?
Have you had any digging done around your yard lately?

Hi

I have 3 valves in the front and 3 in the back. None of them have changed since it worked last week and I double checked by doing a manual run at the source today and they are working fine.

i have dug in the middle of the lawn but nothing on the perimeter where the sprinklers or piping is located. This would have only affected one zone if a problem.

I reconnected the cables and the power light is green. The Wifi light blinks green and then goes dark which I read is normal.

At this point I am not sure what to do.

Peter

@torsson11 - is there an external rain sensor on this setup? Several times users have reported a similar result and it turned out that there was a rain sensor that was not connected to the Rachio Sensor port that was breaking the common wire and preventing the current from reaching the solenoid.

If by “manual run at the source” one means activating the solenoid manually using the bled screw, then that narrows the error domain down to electrical based as water in the system and functioning valves have eliminated.

I do remember two posts where a) a rat/mouse chewed the wire in a valve box and b) a utility installer putting in an underground circuit cut the field wire.

Do you have access to a volt/ohm meter?

I do not have access to a volt/ohm meter. I don’t have issues with rats and checked the wire and it is intact. The Valves on the outside are also covered and I checked them this morning and they are fine. It rained here a little bit two days ago but I live in the high desert California so it is very dry right now and should not be an issue. I don’t have a rain sensor that I know of, before getting the Rachio, it would run even it if rained.

@torsson11 - I’d open a support ticket with Rachio as there are internal metrics (current on each zone) that they can see that I can’t that may give a clue as to the issue.

1. I’m assuming that you’ve got a Gen 2 since it is about a year old.

2. When the Rachio was run manually, was that using the app or the buttons on the unit? If the manual runs were done using the app, then I’d try a manual run using the buttons on the faceplate.

3. One could try to move the Common wire to the other C port.

4. One could move a wire to a currently unused terminal and see if that scenario works - manually using the buttons on the faceplate.

Hi

I have a Generation 1 Rachio.

I switched the Common wire to the other side (below R1 and R2). It did not work.

I had to update the app to a new interface recently and since then it has not worked properly.

@torsson11 - the additional metrics that I referred to are only available on the Gen 2 version :frowning:

Hmm. I did see a reference to a firmware update that is needed with the new v3 of the app. I wonder if that could be the issue.

Again, I’d reach out to Rachio support to see what they can determine from their side.

I will reach out to Rachio support and see if they can help me.