Rachio 3e will not connect to Wifi!

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I will send you an email right now that you can reply to.

Great! I added you to the internal test program. You can opt in to this link now: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.rachio.iro.

After opting in, you should see an update in the play store. It might not be immediate and you can also try clearing the play store app data if it takes a while to show up. The app version to look for is 4.1.8 (13981) which is found at the bottom of account settings.

Once you have this update installed, you should be able to go through the add controller flow but now with steps to get you online via a computer. Let us know if you run into any issues along the way. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, I joined the beta and I had an update in Google Play for the app, but it is Version 4.1.8 (13980), not 13981. Should I be waiting for another update to show?

Version 4.1.8 (13980) should still work. I think there is only a very small change between the two versions.

Ok so the app just basically bypasses the setup process on the phone. All this is doing is directing me to the support page for using a PC which I’ve already seen and tried as I mentioned above. My Windows laptop will not connect to the Rachio access point so I can use the .bat file to send the information to the Rachio. It always just says “Connecting…” then “Can’t connect to this network” on the laptop wifi. It’s a laptop with a 2.4ghz WIFI only if that matters or not.

So at this point, the app should have added your controller to your account so the PC solution should be able to connect your controller to Wi-Fi.

Can you try going to “Manage known networks” in your PC’s Wi-Fi settings and “Forget” your Rachio controller and try connecting again.

@Frank512 If @steve.palmerin’s suggestion doesn’t work, I will send out a controller with updated firmware to you, apologize again for the inconvenience.

:cheers:

Hi Steve, I just tried that, the Rachio is nowhere to be found in my Known networks because it’s never been able to connect to it.

@Frank512 If you PM me your name/address I will get a controller (with the updated firmware) shipped out to you expedited.

Just so you can see what I am seeing on my end. I am not sure why it does not want to connect to it.

Ok, that sounds like the only way to get this up and running. If I had access to any other devices I would try those, but as I mentioned the other devices I have are too old of a version of android to run your app… Thanks Franz.

@Frank512 We have not encountered this error yet with PCs but let us know if you do find a solution as I am sure others will run into the same problem. Thanks for working with us to try to get your controller online.

I am having the same problem that Frank512 is having. I cannot get the controller connected to my wifi by way of my S10. I have tried all logical troubleshooting. I do not have another device. I do have a PC. Will that work? I cannot begin to express my frustration. This shouldn’t be that hard. Thank you.

@10kdiamond Apologize for these issues, I understand it is frustrating.

@steve.palmerin Can you work with @10kdiamond on a work around?

@10kdiamond Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We can definitely help get your controller online. If you are willing to join our internal beta program temporarily, we have a solution that will guide you to connecting via your PC. If you DM me your email address tied to your Google Play account, I can add you to our internal beta list. After, you will be able to opt in via this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.rachio.iro and you should receive an update to the app on your S10 device.

1 Like

Frank512, I had 3-4 days of difficulty getting my Rachio 3 controller to hook up to my WiFi (I have a whole home Meshforce WiFi system). The Rachio rep who answered my emails was great, finally suggesting that I quit Wifi on my phone, then sign back in as a guest on my network. That worked! Then later that day it disconnected because it was an 8-hour guest network. Next morning, leaving my phone on regular WiFi, I was able to connect the controller and it has stayed connected since (one week). Odd fix, but it did work!

1 Like

kh808, thanks for the reply. I did try the guest network idea but it still did not connect. There really is an issue with the firmware loaded on the Rachio units that won’t work with newest versions of Android/Iphone. I am happy to report I received a replacement unit today with the newer firmware pre-loaded on it and pretty I was pretty much up and running right away with no issues.

I appreciate the all of the help and customer service by Rachio :grinning:

Frank

2 Likes

I have the same exact problem. Getting a new device is the answer? What version of iOS does this Rachio 3 work with? Wasted crap load of time.

For initial provisioning there is a batch of units that do not work with the iPhone 11. Other iPhone or iPad devices will work, or Android.

After initial provisioning any mobile phone will work.