Rachio 3 vs 3e comparison

Can we see a comparison between the Rachio 3 and 3e? I don’t seem to be able to find one.

4 Likes

I have the same exact question. Rachio’s website doesn’t show many details to see what’s the difference.

Looks like it is a Gen 2 controller within Gen 3 body.

Based on information I found on another forum (link), this is what people receive when they ask Rachio staff over the email:

The R3e Smart Sprinkler Controller offers a lower-priced entry point for customers looking for a weather-based smart sprinkler controller. The R3e lacks the following features available on the Rachio 3:

Weather Intelligence™ Plus
Flex Daily
Yard Map
HomeKit
Future premium software features
Any wireless integrations

Looking at the list, it is still better to buy a Gen 2 controller because that one comes with a Flex Daily support, this is the best schedule type you can use with a Rachio controller since it can be customized to emulate the other schedule types and it is the only one which actively tracks your available water within each zone.

2 Likes

THIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS Come on, Rachio! People should not have to speculate hither and yon about such things. @franz, can’t you guys get somebody to traightent his out? Should take what, 5- to 10-minutes?

Hey friends! Sorry for the delay here! Still working on getting our comparison page up but in the meantime, what @Gene shared is correct!

Rachio 3e is limited to 8 zones and does not have the following features:

• Weather Intelligence Plus
  • Flex Daily schedules
  • Yard Map feature
  • HomeKit integration
  • Future premium software features
  • Any wireless integrations

:cheers:

2 Likes

Thank you @laura.bauman

1 Like

You’re welcome @7Natives :slight_smile: Always happy to answer any questions and concerns (and will try to respond faster this time :wink: )

To those who do not plan to use a Flex Daily schedule, and there are many who currently do not, 3e may offer a few key advantages over Gen 2. 5GHz support means it has a better compatibility with the modern mesh routers and better wire terminals mean fewer issues during installation / adjustments.

The most intriguing revelation is that someone at Rachio is perhaps working on “Future premium software features”, wonder what these may end up being. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mmm maybe something that’ll convince me to get the 3 (hard target perhaps since I focus on watering fruit trees and native shrubs, not grass)! :slight_smile:

1 Like