Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

I received the Beta email this afternoon, and installed it.

The firmware installed ok, but required a reboot for HomeKit to see the Rachio. Adding it to HomeKit “seemed” to go ok, but even though I selected “Basement” for the room, HomeKit added it to the “Default Room” and then created 16 separate tiles (one for each zone) and instantly showed them as “No Response”.

So far this is worse for me… I live in Denver, and we had 3" of snow last night, so I won’t fire up the sprinklers for another few weeks but it would be good to get this working.

I will provide this feedback via the feedback form that was included in the email too.

Mine went in ok. No strangeness at all. Submitted the feedback on the form. I am sure they will work out the kinks for everyone, but so far, I am good to go.

I also got the email. I setup my 10 zones that are active on my controller with 16 zones and it works with no issues.

The only weird thing I found is zone 16 will not allow me to move it to the sprinkler system room I made. I will continue to test for the next week or so and report if I have any issues.

Hi Franz - I was converted to the beta firmware and was able to connect to HomeKit briefly. A few hours later it started to show ‘no response’ again. I removed it from HomeKit and am now unable to add it back. Nothing shows up when I click on ‘I don’t have a code or cannot scan’. Any suggestions?

@ivanpasic Thank you for reporting, I will be working with our firmware team on next steps.

:cheers:

I had the exact same experience as @ivanpasic

Thanks everyone, disappointing for sure as we did not experience this with our first tranche of beta testers. I will engage the firmware team and work on next steps. This is an entirely new development kit built by Apple (ADK) for HomeKit, so surprising that we continue to see these issues.

:cheers:

I submitted the form, but thought a comment here might benefit others. I updated to the beta last night. The set up went perfectly and I tested all of my zones successfully. I’ve had no issues since.

1 Like

Am I understanding that the update results in each zone being a separate icon in homekit now?

That didn’t happen for me.

My unit reconnected to HomeKit without issue after the beta upgrade, but all of my zones are in separate tiles now.

After 24 hours mine went back offline and shows no response. So back to pre-beta issues.

4/23 Update This morning the Rachio stopped showing no response. Now I’m back online. I’ll report back if it drops off again.

From above…. “Definitely not an issue with what device is doing the routing, it’s a software issue 100%. Ikea launched their smart blinds without HomeKit support back in 2019, and last year they released a firmware update that included HomeKit. If this was a routing issue, Ikea blinds would also constantly disconnect just like rachio does, but they do not, they have been solid for me and everyone that has done reviews about them. Let’s hope the new upcoming firmware has truly solved all the “known” mobile and platform issues.”

Actually that proves absolutely nothing about it being a routing issue.

With all the forthcoming changes that are about to happen in HomeKit with new technologies I think the ride is about to get bumpier too…

Not gonna lie, I am jealous!

But I am sticking with Rachio!

2 Likes

I saw that the other day. The Yardian Pro def looks good! (If the HomeKit portion of the controller works as advertised). I did some further research and I think Rachio is probably a little better at the irrigation side. Definitely worth considering for those that can’t get HomeKit working.

Shane Whatley is a great YouTuber and is all about HomeKit. He has a new video weekly

Interesting that this new Yardian pro chose to stick to 2.4 Ghz connection instead of dual-band. I know I sound like a broken record with this, but has this been considered at all as a possible issue with the random disconnects?

Can I force the Rachio to avoid the 5 GHz band without having to have separate SSIDs for each band?

That would totally depend on your routers capabilities. You can if it can.

I have a dedicated 2.4 network primarily for my HomeKit devices. It’s the one I have my Rachio on, still not working.

1 Like