Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

We will continue beta testing early next week, all of the known mobile and platform issues have been resolved.

:cheers:

1 Like

Yes!

Hey @Franz, just saw the gif you posted. This whole situation is a total shame. You should be apologizing, not “dancing”. It’s been 2 years of broken promises. What kind of company you wanna build by ignoring the most basic business principles? Respect to the consumers is not an option. Go invest seriously in solving this shit. And only then, when it’s working as it was advertised, maybe it would make sense to celebrate. But please: do it alone, because it feels really stupid to celebrate a total failure.

What is IP6?
Do you mean Internet Protocol version 6, known as IPv6?

Yes
I turned off IP6 to fix a problem with my internet going up and down and reading to do this on a AT&T support group that many of us have been having an issue with. It fixed my internet issues and oddly also fixed the Rachio issue.

Thanks for the update Franz. It looks like there is a fix coming soon for those that are having issues with just one very small aspect of what is otherwise the best irrigation controller sold today.

Making HomeKit work (not to mention working within Apple parameters) is something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. It is far removed from the primary functions of a Rachio controller. It’s like night and day… I also realize that when you announced homekit you thought it was working at the time and then had to start over and rethink it all. I know that’s hard…

If you responded to all the comments on here (some very rude) there wouldn’t be time left in your day to do any real work.

I am contemplating retirement after running a very successful business for 40 years in the radiology medical services industry. Just know that you will never be 100% to 100% of the people you serve 100% of the time. All you can do is your best and to me, it is obvious that you are.

Thanks for not giving up despite what is said in this thread and thanks for all of your hard work!

3 Likes

This. I briefly looked at the competitors with HomeKit and came away feeling either confused or underwhelmed by their idea of smart scheduling or disappointed in their app design & functionality. I want the first party app to be really good and the controller to be reliable. And that’s what I see with Rachio.

3 Likes

My power went off today. Then when I came back on the rachio reconnected just like it should.

I don’t understand why turning off P6 has made it rocksolid but very happy it has.

2 Likes

Exactly. The way weather intelligence works. The way you can create a accurate map with zones and sprinkler heads… So many options and capabilities. Amazing.

1 Like

I only bought it because it had HomeKit integration. But I was pleasantly surprised to learn about the weather and other features it has. It’s the only reason why I stuck with it through this HomeKit hell.

All that being said turning off IP6 has fixed all my issues so I have nothing left to bitch about. lol

My sprinklers are on a well so water use is not a concern for me so my needs are very simple and my yard is groomed by nature so needs very little water anyway.

2 Likes

This is interesting. Homekit worked pretty much all of last summer for me but then started being disconnected (WiFi still good) and has been that way for months. Just last week I turned my water on and started a quick run using the Rachio app, HomeKit started working again and has stayed connected for the last week :man_shrugging:t3:

Mine finally went offline today. Naturally in the middle of doing yard work.

Guess I do need the beta software.

This thing is just screwy. It went off line and I planned to put it back online when I got back from the store. I got back from the store and it put itself back on line without me doing anything.

Isn’t that how it is supposed to work?

I guess although not going offine in the first place would be even better, I’ve never had it go back online on its own so before so this was a first.

@franz if we volunteered to be a beta tester the last time (and was never sent the beta firmware) will we be given a spot this time?

1 Like

Don’t think he needs to since you seem to be covering for him pretty well.

Do we need to re-signup for beta?

I signed up months ago, never got a beta pushed to the controller.
Signed up, again, 4 days ago. See what happens. Maybe someone can give us some clarity…

What a smart a** remark to make. What good did that statement do anyone? Will you have anything to do once this is fixed? **Mine works perfectly and I am sorry yours doesn’t

I just have compassion for someone that makes a fantastic product and is trying to work thru a problem… I’m also confident that Franz will get this little problem fixed.

1 Like