Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Thank you so much for all the details and troubleshooting help @Tzterri!! Will make sure the internal team sees this so we can log the issues and come back if we need anything on our end once we get the go ahead from Apple!

Mine comes back if I power cycle it.

I am not really having any problems whatsoever now. Everything is working perfectly

Down again this morning.

Getting ready to add it back in again by holding the WiFi button and then using the Rachio app.

I’m having the same issue for about a year now. HomeKit unresponsive. I deleted from HomeKit and despite holding stop to reset, cant get it added back to HomeKit.

Just had to add it back in today once again. This is getting really old.

Thanks for the updates @Tzterri! I totally understand how frustrating this is. As soon as I have an update from Apple I’ll let everyone know!

Not sure if this is helpful but I’ve noticed this behavior.

Sometimes I’ll get a no response from some of my homekit devices for whatever reason. Like maybe my internet went down or I had a brief power failure so my WiFi basestations are rebooting or maybe just aliens messing with us humans.

But all my homekit devices will come back online within a short time except rachio. Rachio doesn’t seem able to recover from a brief outage.

1 Like

It hasn’t gone down in a while. Am I just being lucky or did Rachio do something on their end?

1 Like

Hi,

The current issues with homekit seem to be related to other homekit or bonjour devices on the network confusing things. Have you changed anything like turned off a printer or maybe upgraded another device?

Cheers,

Daniel

1 Like

Nope, nothing has changed in my home.

As the original OP, I am finding that Rachio and Homexit are getting along much better but not perfect… After a network outage and/or reboot, connection is hit or miss…

I will also repeat what I said earlier. Homekit integration is really so limited that I really wouldn’t miss it if I didn’t have it (except getting the grandkids wet with Siri in the summer time :). In my opinion, The Rachio app itself is a work of art compared to Rachio in Homekit.

Merry Christmas to all!

2 Likes

Had to add it back in again today. My internet went down for a short time and it seems to have happened right after so maybe that caused it.

Any news on a fix?

After being issue free for a while it suddenly is going down constantly.

My AT&T internet has also been having issues the last few days with it going down for short periods of time and I’m really thinking lost to the internet seems to be somehow related. But my WiFi’ is rock solid so don’t know if lost to the internet would have any effect on it.

I am somewhat confused. I have over 50 HomeKit devices from various companies and the only devices that is failing is my Rachio Gen 3. So I am confused why you say it is an Apple issue and you are waiting for them to fix.

Adding myself to this thread. I’ve found HomeKit support to be flakey at best. I had it working for a period of time, then I got the dread “not responding” error in the Home app. I’ve tried deleting it, then adding back but Home no longer sees it. I’m sad.

I also have been having the same issues…frustrating as HomeKit support was the primary reason for me getting the 3rd gen controller in the first place…

Had to add mine in again today.

What is the world on a fix for this?

Hey @Tzterri!

We’re doing our best to push this as much as we can from our end. We believe that the issue is stemming from mesh networked routers. One of our tech partners are going to do some further investigation and let us know what they come up with. Any chance you (and others with HomeKit issues) can let me know if you’re using a Mesh router/network? Apologies if that’s somewhere in this thread and I missed it!

:cheers: Lo

I am not using a mesh network. I have Unifi network equipment set up, but do not use the mesh functionality (nor do I have mesh hardware)

1 Like