Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

@Michael_I Count me in for testing!

1 Like

Count me in for Beta!

1 Like

I would like to be a beta tester for the new firmware when it becomes available. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m new to Rachio but would very much appreciate being part of the beta.

1 Like

Count on me too, happy to help you guys test. Good luck.

I would like to try the beta.

I’ll participate in the beta, between the constant rebooting and no responses in homekit my system has not been very reliable.
Thx.

1 Like

I volunteer to be a Beta tester!

I’m down to beta test.

Hope the new firmware (beta) appears today. Been a long time coming to get this issue fixed.

I started this topic on April 1, 2019. 15 months ago… Just Sayin.

I’d be shocked if we did. Software development cycles, especially ones with 3rd party integrations don’t usually move that fast.

I think the point here is that the product was advertised as HomeKit compatible and has never worked properly since day one. The development cycle should have been before product release, not after…

I agree, absolutely. Just pointing out that it was only 1 week ago that they announced they would be integrating directly with the Apple development kit, rather than relying solely on the chip manufacturer’s integration.

I’ll BETA that too, if slots are still available

1 Like

That is a fair concern @Macsterguy, a little background on where we were are. Our WiFi chip manufacturer tried to integrate the ADK v1 as a value add to their WiFi offering. The initial version of the ADK was changed and then we all realized we should be in control of the integration as changing firmware is not nearly as easy to build, test, and deploy as software. It’s a tough lesson for all of us and one that I promise to keep in mind moving forward. All of the parties on our end did the best we could with the information we had, we have learned more and are applying that lesson to how we engineer our product moving forward.

Thanks for your understanding and patience, please know we are committed to solving this as soon as we can.

We appreciate you being a Rachio customer and have a great weekend.

3 Likes

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all had a great Fathers Day weekend. This is the Homekit update for June 26th, 2020. This week was spent working with our hardware/firmware consultant with initial scoping meetings, contract negotiations, and getting our communications channels in place as we start to bring the two teams together.

We are moving forward towards a resolution and once we have the Statement of Work in place, I will be updating you all with progress reports of how the work is moving along. Once our contractor is ready, I will be reaching out to those of you who have volunteered to be beta testers to coordinate updating your device and putting a beta feedback mechanism in place.

Thank you all for being Rachio customers, have a wonderful weekend, and I will be updating a little early next week due to our observance of the Independence Day holiday.

Michael

5 Likes

Thanks for the update today, and I do hope after this issue gets fixed you’ll tackle the other big issue, where if you have a schedule set to end by, it still starts at a time based on watering all zones instead of just the ones it’ll actually be watering.

1 Like

Hopeful the beta works well and resolved the issue.
In the mean time, can somebody share the proper way to reset the Rachio so I can add it back to HK?
TIA

1 Like

My flow meter no longer connects after the 632 firmware update. How can I downgrade it to 615. I need that more than HomeKit.