Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

I’ll plan to leave this thread open for anyone who wants to continue discussions or test out hacks/troubleshooting/etc. but will plan on creating an official HomeKit update locked thread with our first update post on Friday.

Thank you all SO much for the feedback here. I know how frustrating this has been and I’m determined to get this resolved for everyone (or at least do what I can as someone who isn’t cool enough to create/fix code :wink: )

2 Likes

Hey folks, I was just having a look at the Rachio app after the recent update I think it was yesterday or today…

Really really nice stuff.

• The yard map is amazing. I know that it’s been around for a while but you can get very granular now.
  • New Dark mode.
  • My irrigation was set to go off at 8:45 tonight just a couple minutes ago but it skipped because the wind is over 20 mph…

I truly love this irrigation controller. Just saying

Personally I just care about HomeKit working.

1 Like

I am, personally I prefer the updates on this post. I check this post directly every day hoping for news on a fix.

1 Like

Thoughts on me posting a link to the “official” thread here whenever it’s posted on Fridays so it hits both places?

4 Likes

Here is the “official” updates thread. Will post links to this whenever we post something in there for those who would rather keep up with this thread.

5 Likes

Personally, I am fine with whatever you choose Laura. FYI, as the OP of this thread, my HomeKit works perfectly and I hope it gets fixed for others. I am happy to beta test future versions as I know the apple eco-system quite well so please call on me if you need to

2 Likes

That sounds great. I will be unsubscribing from this thread and just enable email notifications on the official update thread so I’m not notified every time someone comments. I’m only subscribed on this one so I do not miss any official updates.

3 Likes

So far mine is working correct;y since turning off IP6.
This also put an end to my gateway constantly rebooting.

I subscribed to it and looking forward to updates on the fix.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have too much stuff on my home network that relies on IPv6 to be disabling just for HomeKit on a sprinkler controller. Hopefully this revelation shines some new light on getting a fix out soon.

I’m curious what you need IP6 for?

My understanding of IP6 is so we have more IP address than under the old system and that is the only advantage.

That is true. If 6 is disabled devices should move to 4 after a network reboot

1 Like

I’ve had IPV6 disabled from the start and have just as many homekit issues as everyone else.

Once again without logic or reason, the Rachio works for some and not others.

I’m afraid of jinxing myself by saying this worked for me as it still hasn’t gone down since disabling IP6.

So odd and frustrating…

Just out of sheer curiosity…why is everyone so interested in Homekit connection? I’m not an Apple guy at all, but I have a full home automation system and have added Rachio in the past, but saw ZERO use for it. I let Rachio do its thing on Flex Daily and found no purpose having it connected, so I removed it from my home automation system…if Rachio never had the API for my automation system, I’d never lose sleep. Is there something Homekit can do with Rachio that I’m not aware of?

I mentioned in a previous post how I was working on fixing a sprinkler in my yard with my AirPods in my ears. I wanted to test the sprinkler and instead of simply saying “hey Siri turn on front left sprinklers” I had to go to the hose, clean off and dry my muddy hands, take out my phone and go to the Rachio app. HomeKit is very useful for situations like these and others.

1 Like

I could see that…maybe I’ll re-add Rachio to my home integration and play around some more.

What you can do means more to some then others. Depends on your use case…
You can turn zones on/off via Apple “HomeKit” by “tapping” on screens or with your “voice” via Siri on:
• Mac
• iPhone
• iPad
• Apple Watch
• AirPods & and HomePods (by voice)

*Or everything works VERY well by using the Rachio app both inside and from outside your network

I understand that Homekit works on all things Apple…it was more of a question of what benefit do you gain by having Rachio connect to a home automation system, Homekit or other. @Blizzardman gave a good example that quite frankly, I might need to try…