Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Sorry mom
I promise to never leave out the V again. lol

I misspelled ZigBee earlier although I did catch and fix it this morning.

Sometimes I don’t poof red my turpoes snd just say duck it. LOL

Even if you got all new routers you could still name them the same SSID and they should connect without too much work. I have mostly airports, but I’ve had one go out and had to replace it. Just swapped in a new router and no issues.

My airports are in bridge mode so it’s my gateway that does the routing.

I’ve read mixed reports of moving HomeKit to new wifi base stations. Even when keeping the same name and password not all will reconnect without removing and re-adding them. To make matters worse if you remove something that also removes its automaton and actions.

I’m hoping by the time I am forced to upgrade my wifi apple will have released something to migrate stuff. Right now you can’t even change the wifi password without having to re-add everything after first removing everything.

Dear lord, I think we all understood that IP6 meant IPv6. This is getting tedious. : )

2 Likes

I just got the ‘No Response’. Attempting to remove and re-add didn’t work. Followed the advice in this thread and reset the wifi.

Now it won’t connect to wifi either.

See

If no luck, post details.

I’m on iOS 14.5 and it’s on the 632 firmware. That is not the issue.

Light code after Wi-Fi reset? Does it change when you run the app? Error message? Which devices have you tried, other than the phone running 14.5?

You know what, I’m done spending hours and hours a week getting this POS to work. Don’t worry about it.

So once you have it added to HomeKit can you use it in automations or is it really just limited to turning on and off zones?

You can access the rachio and add it to automations.

Like do not run if outdoor heater is on. Or turn on sprinklers if motion in your yard like kids or animals.

Really? Mine won’t show up as an available accessory for any automations. Someone else have this working? I tried home app and shortcuts.

That’s been my experience with using HomeBridge and Rachio Gen 2. I came under the impression in this thread that Gen 3’s built-in HomeKit had special sauce to get Automations working…

I guess I found the answer here…no automations.

https://support.rachio.com/en_us/how-do-i-use-homekit-with-my-rachio-B1i1_81Yv

Using shortcuts you can get the state of the rachio to know if it is watering or not.

Using shortcuts you can have a motion sensor turn on a zone.

Can you share a screenshot of your shortcut? Like I said before my Raccio does not show up as being a accessory for automations. I can, though, get the state.

Now I remember how I did stuff with the rachio.
You need to use the app Home+ to access deeper HomeKit stuff in the rachio.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/home-5/id995994352

1 Like

The eve app also allows access to the rachio.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eve-for-homekit/id917695792

I am having a different problem with Homekit (in addition to No Response). After I added Rachio3 to my “Home” app, I went to setup the Default Runtime for the zones. Unfortunately, I only see: 5 and 10 minutes options on my iPhone 12 and Mac. On an older iPhone, runnning iOS 12.5.3, I see 1 hour in 5 minute increments to select from. And the weird part is after I select the time I want on the old phone, that selection appears in all my devices in addition to the 5 and 10 minutes.

I don’t really use it much but that eve app is probably the best I’ve seen of all the homekit interfaces. Better than Apple‘s IMHO

1 Like