Has anyone seen the new AcuRite Access? It’s an upgrade over the current AcuRite wireless connection. Just curious if anyone else has checked into it - it just became available to purchase today. A couple nice features are that it will buffer data in the event of power/internet outages. Also it seems that it will be able to send stuff directly to Weather Underground. Here is the link (https://www.acurite.com/access-my-acurite-remote-monitoring.html) and here are the main new features:
- View your connected AcuRite devices on the intuitive My AcuRite dashboard using your iPhone, Android smartphone, computer, or tablet with the My AcuRite App. Choose either a Light or Dark theme.
- Create email and phone alerts to notify you when changing conditions need your attention.
- AcuRite Access connects up to a total of seven (7) compatible AcuRite devices to My AcuRite.
- Uploads the latest readings from your connected AcuRite devices every 5 minutes.
- Protect your data even during a power or internet outage, with backup batteries that allow AcuRite Access to continue receiving and storing up to 12 hours of readings; once power or internet is restored, it will upload these readings to My AcuRite.
- My AcuRite saves 31 days of readings from each of your connected devices, allowing you to identify emerging trends in the locations you are monitoring.
- With a compatible outdoor AcuRite device, you can share your weather information with Weather Underground using Rapid fire updates.