Hey hey hey Rachio fam!
It’s been a little while. I hope you didn’t think we were ghosting you We’ve been hard at work on some super exciting projects. The launch of Rachio App V4 is one of them!
Read below for what’s new - we’ve added and changed some fun things based on your feedback. Plus, there’s more to come this season (it’s only January after all.)
If you haven’t automatically received the app update, head to your App/Play Store to manually update. As always, keep on sharing your feedback and get ready for an amazing season, more exciting features, and some reveals on some recent [super secret] projects.
- The home screen has been updated to make way for some new features.
- Our new Lawn Smarts section of the home screen shows you how to maintain a healthy landscape.
- The calendar, weather widget, and upcoming watering sections of the app now include past waterings. They were also redesigned to better show when your schedules are running.
- The inbox has been retired. Important messages will now live on the home screen.
- The release includes bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- Why did you move stuff around?
- Our Product and Development teams are always working to improve the user experience and add new features. We learned that many customers felt the previous app was a little cluttered. We listened to their feedback and made some updates.
- What is so great about this update?
- Yard tab was renamed to Zones in a move to make it easier for users to understand how to get to their zone settings.
- The Calendar tab, Weather Details, and Upcoming Watering sections of the app now include past waterings. These sections were also redesigned to better show when your schedules are running.
- The Calendar tab has been improved. You can see future and past waterings in the improved Calendar View. You can also easily set a Watering Delay and access Schedule settings.
- Water Usage is now located in the More tab so it no longer clutters the home screen. The view has been improved to show total usage and individual zone usage.
- Lawn Smarts is now featured on the Home Screen, giving you tips on how to maintain a great looking and healthy landscape.
- The inbox has been retired. Important messages will now be right on the home screen.
- What was moved? Where can I find it?
- Flow Notifications are now in the More tab
- Usage is now in the More tab
- Schedules can now be accessed from the Calendar tab and the More tab
- Standby mode is now controlled in the More tab
- Water Delay feature is now controlled in the Calendar tab
- Weather Intelligence and Weather Intelligence Plus settings are now located in More tab under Controller Settings