Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Good catch. It wouldn’t be the first time IPv6 has been the root of a problem… Hmmmm

I have also been trying to resolve HomeKit integration with firmware 632. I would prefer not to roll back to 615, is their a time line on when a fix will become available?

Just an FYI, we lost HomeKit connectivity about a week and a half ago, turns out it was when the 632 upgrade was applied to our controller. I requested last night that they roll us back to 615, that was applied this morning (12 hours later, crazy fast!) and everything is working perfectly again. Prior to 632, we had the controller working with HomeKit for a good year and it was super solid, never had any issues until now. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out in 632 soon.

Yes, and remember, once you downgrade to 615 you will see a “Update Available” option… I assume this would take you back to 632 so I wouldn’t :+1:t3::grinning:

1 Like

Michael, a new engineer has been giving us weekly updates on their work to resolve HomeKit issues. I know Franz, the co-owner is on this too. If you scroll up you can see the last update. I think they will get this sorted out soon. 615 works well for me

Thanks for the information everyone. We have a dedicated firmware engineer working on this issue and hope to have a consolidated firmware build (HomeKit issues, newer phone (i.e. iPhone 11) WiFi connectivity issues) as soon as possible. One of the reasons we moved off of 615 was that for some controllers not even using HomeKit we were seeing firmware reboots, possibly from code provided by our vendor related to HomeKit. We are trying to make sure our entire customer base is fully supported (all issues resolved, HomeKit, Wireless Flow, WiFi, etc) with our next release.

Thanks for your patience and have a great week.

:cheers:

8 Likes

@rcapron how did you re add the Rachio 3 Controller to Homekit? Anything needed to be reset (i.e. wifi) on the controller? I just got my controller firmware back to ver 615 and would love to know the process you took. Thanks in advance.

Cobreezy, It really is very easy - follow these steps:

1 Like

Did that, but no luck :frowning_face:

I would power cycle your Rachio and maybe your WiFi. I know I had to shut my Rachio down and then back on to get it to show up while trying to add it to HomeKit.

Good Morning @Cobreezy,

Try doing a reset on your controller:
(https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010541188-How-do-I-factory-reset-my-controller-Rachio-3-Generation-2-and-Generation-1#option-2-controller-reset-using-the-buttons-on-the-controller)

Use Option #2 for the Rachio 3. There are other options if you have an older controller.

Do not remove the controller from your app or you will lose everything (schedules, photos, etc.).

Good news from the engineering team!

Some Rachio controllers were missing feature flags in the Rachio database that were precluding firmware version 632 from recognizing HomeKit. This issue has been corrected. A power cycle of the controller should re-connect it back to the HomeKit app. If that does not work (it should) re-adding the HomeKit app should work.

Thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues with HomeKit after following the instructions above.

For users that were downgraded to 615 we would like to get those controllers on the new firmware (632) that has WiFi connectivity fixes for the iPhone Pro 11 and Samsung S10/S20.

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Okay. You can push the update to my controller. Or do you want those of us who downgraded to 615 to manually hit upgrade in the app?

The team is patching the upgrade process, I will let you know when that is patched and then you should be good to go. I will put a note here today.

1 Like

I was stuck on 615 long after 631 was released, and I still had the HK issue. My controller disappeared from my Home, and hasn’t appeared to be re-added in well over a year.

I tried this, still no luck on HomeKit. Is it possible that there is an issue with adding the controller through HomeKit via the router app? I’m using eero and the HomeKit Secure Router feature, meaning the HK workflow is done via the eero app. So my controller is already on my network as a WiFi device, but when I try to add it to HomeKit, I still get the same issue where the controller never appears after entering the eight digit code.

I can confirm this worked. After unplugging and plugging back in, I was able to add to HomeKit. Thank you!

1 Like

Sorry, I’m actually not well versed in this area. @Macsterguy - Could you provide any guidance regarding these details?

Ok great, that’s what we were hoping to hear :wink:

My Synology has not been “blessed” by the Apple Gods but I do like what Apple is doing with the secure Router thing…

I did find this on Eero’s website:

How to Add a Device

1. Open the eero app and tap the the blue + in the top right of the screen.
  2. Tap Add a Device.
  3. Tap HomeKit Accessory .
  4. Choose which Home you would like the device added to.
  5. Follow the onscreen HomeKit instructions.

If not that, Lots more here. You should find your answer:

2 Likes