Homekit Setup Code -- Not Available in App

Hello all,

I’m trying to setup Rachio 3 12 Zone from Costco on HomeKit but there is no HomeKit option within the app More -> Controller Settings as other posts have stated.

I’ve already factory reset the controller and removed it from my app. That didn’t resolve the issue.

The only abnormal thing that happened during setup is that when I clicked update firmware my phone said the firmware update failed. However, the app is showing latest firmware and there is no option to update.

App version: 4.1.2
Firmware version: iro3-firmware-hk-5-631

Scroll down. HomeKit should be just under:
• Brightness
• Advanced Wiring
• Minimize Water Hammer
HomeKit

Having said that, don’t expect much as Rachio working with HomeKit is a complete Failure - See:
https://community.rachio.com/t/rachio-3-not-responding-in-homekit-again/17689/171

Thanks for the reply & link to the other thread. It’s a bummer there seem to be so many issues with HomeKit integration.

I’ve posted a second image showing the bottom of the “Controller Settings” page.

Mine shows:
Brightness

• Advanced Wiring
  • Minimize Water Hammer
  • Technical Info
  • Update Wi-Fi Network

Still not available on latest SW, 4.1.3

@Joblaloc8

I had the engineering team review and it looks like your controller was missing that feature flag.

Can you please close the app and try again?

Thanks for your patience and have a great weekend.

:cheers:

@franz Thank you, this resolved my issue!

hello @franz
I have the exact same issue. I just purchased two new 12 zone controllers from Costco and neither are able to display the Homekit code. Can you help?

They are both running firmware version iro3-firmware-hk-5-632

Nevermind. It seems I had to access it with my ios app instead of my android app to find the homekit code in the settings. Hope this helps someone else as well.

Hey @franz can you take a look to see if my device isn’t showing the flag?

@Breniii They dropped HomeKit support. See link below.

Thanks for letting me know… They must have it still running on the hardware, my ha is picking it up.