Flow monitoring: add a real-time flow reading in accessory settings and active watering view

@franz

I’m using wireless flow meters, but this request would apply to wired flow monitors as well: right now there is no way to see real-time flow being reported by the attached wireless flow meters. Even during Calibration now, a single number gets reported at the end of the 4 minute period. And if you get any high or low flow errors and want to see what the actual flow is real time during zone watering, there is no way to see it.

Why. not take advantage of the great, expensive hardware that has been linked to the Rachio controller and provide a real-time flow reading both in Settings in the Flow Meter accessory details page, as well as in the current real-time watering screen when zones are active?

I understand this flow reading may be a bit slow and update only every 5-10 seconds or so with the wireless meters, but that would still be SO much better than the zero data we get today.

Please consider! Thanks in advance.

10 Likes

The flow calibration used to show a live bar graph as the calibration was happening but lately I’ve noticed it only reporting one number during the calibration period.

Yeah, even that real time graph during calibration was broken in one of the recent updates.

Focus.

Totally support this. I have a wired flow meter without LCD screen and it did help catching a failed sprinkler head. Now I started getting zones disabled due to high flow - on inspection next day I see no problems, so I can’t tell if this is due to much higher water pressure at night or if there is a real leak as the only way for me to check the current flow is to recalibrate. Which I don’t want to do simply because that would change my baseline.

As an example I had about 25 lpm flow on a zone calibrated during the day. When calibrated at 3 AM I got about 30 lpm but right after this zone was auto disabled due to high flow…

Even a few readings of the current, live flow every few minutes would be of a great help!

Yep, mark my vote on this as well. Just porting over the calibration-style flow rate readout during active zone watering would be great. To expand on that, showing flow rate (average and/or vs time) and total accumulated flow in historical charts would be awesome as well. The ability to use a flow meter with Rachio is a big plus for the brand. Even if Rachio leaves the physical meters to others (there are great options available), please continue to support/develop the feature from the software side.

I’ve dropped both Rainbird and Hunter Hydrawise controllers in preference to Rachio…keep up the good work!

1 Like

I know this thread is pretty old, but I wanted to add another vote of support. I just got a low flow notification and would like to be able to go to the app and see what the current flow rate is. I probably just have the pressurize time set a little low, but if I have a clogged valve it would be good to be able to quick see that. Also historical reports would be great so I can see what the flow rate looked like on previous runs would help diagnose problems before I have dying plants.

Thanks.