Does not work on iPad

Schedule to run every zone for 1 minute. Somewhere along the way it changed to 0 minutes for each zone and total.

One more thing. When the schedule went to 0 minutes, the sprinkler heads would pop up for just a couple of seconds, then down and on to the next…

This thread.

:cheers:

1 Like

Another bug found in the beta. On the home screen, scroll to today’s information at the top of the screen. Select ‘Today’. AP immediately aborts.

This seems to be another 32 bit thing. There’s a way to create a really small number that’s bigger than 0 in Swift (the programming language. You can use CGFloat.leastNormalMagnitude). It seems that iOS is incorrectly rounding this on 32 bit devices to -0 (and a negative will cause a crash in some UIKit things). Will take a look at mitigating, though Apple may also adjust this with further bug fixes when Xcode gets out of beta.

Another Bug. Go to the schedules and try and change a schedule ‘Type’, it won’t permit it.

This is by design, you can change details of a schedule but not the entire schedule type currently. If you’d like to change the schedule type, you can create a new schedule.

Schedule to run every zone for 1 minute. Somewhere along the way it changed to 0 minutes for each zone and total.

I wonder if this is another iOS 10 oddity. Checking the code, the minValue is set to 1 minute. Right before running, did you see that the duration’s listed “0 minutes” or did you observe they only ran for a few seconds?

@zachio right now…

2 Likes

As for the ‘By design’, who thought it would be good to put in such a limitation? Someone forgot the KISS principle.

And why is the AP so big, 150+Meg?

There are more bugs, but no more fatal ones found so far. And my phone is dead in the water - I don’t want to add the test software to it too.

That explains a lot.

Come on now @klos, find a little humor on a Friday afternoon.

I dare you to find another company that is going to be as open about their systems as Rachio and willing to make changes damn near on the fly. I have A LOT of IOT devices, and Rachio is BY FAR the best at listening and reacting to feedback. How many other companies are both the co-founders regularly posting in their support forums?

7 Likes

eero is the only one I know of. Regular posts in r/eero. I love it. Let’s try to encourage and keep this kind of interaction going :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is great that the co-founder is involved. There are times for jokes, and times to just put serious work into correcting serious problems.

I do appreciate that he finally got involved. The problem was originally reported in March and got only poor answers - like reload the app. And tell us AGAIN your system configuration.

Thank you for getting involved, but lets get these issues fixed. And maybe do some better testing before releasing again.

I’m glad you like the company. But for the record, I know plenty of companies with founders involved at this level. The best ones are the ones you don’t hear about because they tested their product before they released it.

Cindy S from Rachio help center helped me to get my iPad app working by downloading TestFlight app which then allowed me to use the beta version. My iPad rachio app opens and doesn’t crash after a few seconds.

1 Like

Version 4.1.5 still fails on an iPhone 5.

Xcode 11.5 is still in beta so builds with it cannot be submitted to the store. There will be an update to the beta version of the app later today/tomorrow (when apple approves it) that contains all changes with the newest Rachio version.

1 Like

Please send me an email when it is fixed.

Your ‘Community’ software has a little problem too. It does not show all the text I entered (nothing inappropriate entered).

Any progress.

I might note that your sunrise/sunset algorithm is not quite correct.

The latest update should resolve this (it’s built with Xcode 11.5, same as the beta that resolved the crash). Can you give that a try and see if it works for you?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1593277563/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_fvw0EbASXS123

1 Like

Your newest version loads on a new iPhone SE (ver. 4.1.6), but it does not show as an update available for my iPad.