Does not work on iPad

:crazy_face:

:rofl:

You are correct, I do not appreciate you android. I’ve been trying to get this address with Rachio for more than a month, and all I’ve gotten are silly answers. I really wish they would test their systems better. I could easily write numerous bug reports on the iPhone AP. These are obvious bugs. It is very sad.

This looks like things probably started breaking for you with app version 4.1.3 released about 2 weeks ago.

Attempting to dig in, crash reports I’m seeing come from (ironically) our crash reporting tool. Previously we were using the Crashlytics framework in the app to be able to measure crashes. Version 4.1.3 updated that framework to the Firebaes/Crashlytics framework since Google is migrating and shutting down Crashlytics in a couple days from now.

It looks like it’s limited to iOS 10 where the issue happens which is why the crashes haven’t been more widespread. I’ll look in to see if there’s any adjustments that can be made or if the particular crash we’re seeing is a known issue to Google. If not, I’ll figure out some work around to keep it from crashing, though it’s hard to know if a workaround will work for sure since I don’t have an iOS 10 device and it doesn’t crash on the simulators.

2 Likes

And how does that help?

No, it was before that. An earlier version. It started in March. Thank you.

I got the problem of the controller not connecting resolved. I had forgotten, you do not work with WEP. I use WEP on one of my SSIDs because some older devices don’t use WPA.

If you don’t have an IOS 10.x.x device, you really can’t support it, then make sure the AP Store does not report new versions for 10.x.x (which right now it says it should work with). If possible, put back the old version of the AP for the older OS.

If you want, I’ll mail my iPad to you, and you can use it to test. Or maybe you can get one cheap on eBay and use it for test.

It is good that I did not update my phone, an iPhone 5, or I’d be completely dead.

I really don’t want to make this hard, but I would appreciate getting it fixed.

No need for that, thanks though. I’ll DM you later and I can make some one off builds that try different things. If something works there I’ll integrate it into the main app and that should resolve the issue. You’ll just receive a URL that you’ll be able to download different versions from testflight with

1 Like

Thank you.

Mine works fine too. Ipad Air2 running current iOS and Rachio app.
Maybe the app is not the problem.

There’s currently an issue with devices running iOS 10 that can cause the app to crash. iOS 11-13 seems unaffected. We’re working on getting a fix out.

Attempted to send the test email and received the following:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- mateo@rachio.com

Hey guys I wanted to post an update here for anyone following this thread.

The issue where the app crashes upon startup seems to be isolated to 32 bit devices. Investigating the issue, it seems the cause is a bug in the current version of the compiler used to build the app. I’ve updated our build tools to the version that resolves the issue and have tested a fix with Klos.

I will be getting this update submitted to Apple tonight for review and it should be available to download in 24-48 hours (depending on Apple review time).

Edit: Apple is not currently accepting app builds from Xcode 11.5 (the version that fixes the compiler issue). I don’t have any information on the time frame for when Xcode 11.5 will exit beta, but if you are running into app crashes and have a device with iOS 10, you can install the beta version of Rachio that fixes this using this link:

These beta builds will be updated until I can release an official version to the App store. Once that happens, I will discontinue this beta and you’ll be able to redownload the app from the App Store like normal. If you don’t have issue with the current app, I don’t recommend you download this beta as it only affects 32 bit devices.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Last year I was able to operate my controller on both IPad and IPhone but I am unable to use my IPad this year. The app drops off right away. I look forward to Rachio getting this problem corrected!

Hey Keno, try giving that beta a try if you haven’t yet as it may fix the issue on your iPad. As soon as Apple lets me submit a version of the app with their updated tool, I’ll get the version that doesn’t crash out to the normal App Store. They’ll probably release the updated tool the same time that iOS 13.5 releases which is also currently in beta.

Zachio I appreciate the feedback but I’m not the greatest when it comes to technical things as in doing the Beta app stuff. So I guess I’ll just wait till apple updates the IOS 10. Thanks for your help!

On your iPad, you can open https://app.rach.io in Safari and run or modify zones or schedules as desired. No app needed! There are only a few functions such as reconfiguring Wi-Fi that require the app; if you need to do that use the iPhone.

This is not helpful. It does not correct the problem.

The problem appears to be with an Apple bug that effects older iPads and iPhone 5. The update to correct these should be available soon.

Another bug found in the beta. On the home screen, scroll to today’s information at the top of the screen. Select ‘Today’. AP immediately aborts.

Another Bug. Go to the schedules and try and change a schedule ‘Type’, it won’t permit it.