Did any one receive pre-order shipping of Rachio 3?

I’d honestly say hold on a bit. At least we actually know the 16’s are shipping now. We’ve waited this long let’s see how it’ll hold up to our expectations.

Just how screwed up is Rachio about there shipping?
I received an email May 3rd my Rachio 3 has shipped with tracking number. Today May 7th received an email from Rachio that they received my request for priority shipping and that it would ship no latter than May 11th. I have no more confidence in Rachio. I will most likely move on.

1 Like

I placed my order for 16 zone on 3/20. Still no shipment notification. I’ve received the generic email saying it will be shipped by May 21, but since I ordered day 1, I would assume I should be receiving it very soon. Can you tell me why better shipping estimates cannot be made? Maybe day 1 16 zone preorders should be shipped out by May 8th, or some other more appropriate date.

Any update on the flow sensor? Is that going to ship this summer?

When did you place your order? I placed at 5:19pm their local time 3/20. Still no ship notification for my 16 zone controller.

I’m not in a hurry, but when you receive an email saying your item will ship no later than May 21st makes it seem to me that you need people who know how to run a company and build into your numbers extra units before doing a preorder. Creating a customer portal shouldn’t be that hard, I purchase online a lot and a lot of smaller companies have portals. I chose this over Rainmachine so I hope I won’t be disappointed. From what I can tell, inventory management is not a strong suit for Rachio. I will wait here for my unit and maybe I’ll receive it in May, which I won’t be holding my breath considering people jumped on this way sooner than me and have not received shipping notifications yet.

1 Like

I have nothing but good things to say about Rachio’s responsiveness. It’s obvious that they monitor this board on a regular basis and they’ve gotten back to me very quickly with answers to my questions. I totally understand that pre orders can be unpredictable with regards to anticipated numbers. The fact that they got hit hard with orders says a lot for their product. I really think that people should be a little more forgiving when it comes to automated email notifications too.
John

5 Likes

I was okay and pretty understanding. I’ve pre-ordered and kickstarted things before and experienced delays. I figured I’d be in for some delay with this too. I completely and totally understand sending out the 8 zones before the 16 zone units. The thing that bothers me is that I ordered mine 5 days before someone in another thread (March 27th vs April 1st) and they have their shipping notification already while I just have an estimate for this week. So theirs is in the mail while I’m still left wondering when it’ll ship. And I also filled out the priority shipping notification email within minutes of receiving it. So that shouldn’t be the reason.

They posted several times that they’d be sent out in the order that the order was placed. They obviously aren’t doing that, and that is what’s frustrating too. Just tell us what it is. Tell us they’re going in alphabetical order or whatever it is because it’s obviously not in the order we were told before.

Maybe they should have stopped taking pre-orders when they reached their capacity to manage this. Or next time, they can build a better system for orders, like when the iPhone goes on sale every year. They know how many they can send out in a week. So when you order, it’ll tell you exactly what the shipping delay will be as you are ordering. That way, you know what you’re getting into. Our first 2000 orders will go out this week. The next 2000, will show an estimated shipping of the following week. And so on and so on. And if they know they can send 500 a day, that even builds in a little bit of a buffer to under promise and over deliver.

Received my 8 zone unit today.

2 Likes

My 16 zone shipped today and will be here Thursday. Ordered on 3/24, gen 3 and filled out priority shipping form.

my 16 Zone shipped today and will be here in utah on thursday. Ordered 4/8 and filled out priority shipping form due to 3k square feet of new sod.

Preorders shipping! Yeah!!

2 Likes

I preordered 16 zone March 20 and still don’t have a ship notification. What gives? Why am I not getting my controller shipped? I emailed rachio 2 days ago and never received a reply.

I placed my order 19 days before the person that posted 2 below your post. They have a shipping notification and I don’t. How does that make sense? I can understand this isn’t Apple, like someone compared them to, but they must have some organizational skills to run a business.

1 Like

I ordered my rachio on March 30 and have had nothing but promise ship date after promise ship date. The latest was an e-mail saying it would ship on the 11th of May. BUT IT HAS NOT! AGAIN! What is going on Rachio!? This is extremely frustrating!

I ordered mine the same day and still don’t have it