App keeps freezing when I try to set up

OK discovered something I uninstalled and reinstalled again after trying on my daughters phone. It asks two questions 1) allow location I said yes 2) allow access to pictures I had previously said no but said yes and it worked so now I am up to adding the controller to my wifi and I get all the way to putting in my password and then trying to get it added and then it says oops cannot connect to my controller. What now and why does Rachio need to access my pictures?

The app can use photos to set a photo for each zone. I’ve seen folks with this error in the past get beyond it by force closing the app and reopening it, then running through the wifi setup one lastt time (if it is even necessary).

Got past the photo thing now on wifi but won’t set up?

Another thing to try to unplug and replug the controller, then try again after force closing the app. Wait a few minutes for the controller to boot up first though.

Waited until the second light was on and still did not work I am ready to throw this thing in the damn pool!

@bap - now run the RouteThis app as that may help indicate the issue.

Hang in there. Once set up I think you’ll be impressed.

Check the WiFi router to make sure security is set to WPA/WPA2 and not WEP.

1 Like

If you want to run this and provide the generated code might help us troubleshoot your network.

If you’d rather not run that software I can have our support team work directly with you tomorrow.

:cheers:

I ran it my key is 796XFJKT
Please tell me how to proceed

I ran it my key is 796XFJKT
Please tell me how to proceed

Network looks OK, one thing I always have people do is a firmware update on the router, yours looks about 3 years old. I’d also disable any firewalls if you have them.

Also, make sure you are connecting to 2.4ghz.

If those things don’t work I can have our network/Android team work directly with you tomorrow.

They have seen just about every configuration.

I will run the firmware now

It has the most up to date firmware won’t update to another and that is from the Netgear website. The thing that I have an issue with is I will be at work what time are your people there I am in AZ

I can make sure we accommodate your availability.

So what is my best course of action I will make sure i am home around 2 tomorrow but how do I connect with them I want to speak to someone on the phone but there is no number to call

So what is my best course of action I will make sure i am home around 2 tomorrow but how do I connect with them I want to speak to someone on the phone but there is no number to call

Ill have my team email you and we can set that up. FYI the phone number for Rachio is (844) 472-2446.

thank you I will be monitoring my e-mail I appreciate it

I’ve reproduced the issue with the app locking up if you deny permission to use the camera and check the box to always deny the request. A fix should be in the next release.
The reason we ask for access to the camera is so that we can use it to scan the bar code on the controller.

4 Likes

@bap Travis from our success team will be working with you today. It also sounds like our Android engineer @dgp has determined one issue that you were seeing in regards to camera permissions. You might want to try again allowing camera permissions and possibly even enabling the app camera permissions through these instructions.

3 Likes

I had completely forgotten about the scanning of the bar code aspect of setup! Problem with only doing it twice so far: I forget. Hope this set up problem gets resolved!!

1 Like