API support for Smart Hose timer?

:joy:. Sounds like hubitiat is polling too often. We have HA polling every 2 minutes, and adding a minute to that for every additional base station on the account if a user has multiple. That seems to be more than adequate. I agree webhooks would be a big improvement through, I’d rather not mess with polling at all.

Is there still no API support for the Smart Hose Timer? I bought two thinking I could use them with IFTTT, but it doesn’t work with the Smart Hose Timer.

I see complicated workarounds on message boards that involve purchasing a Home Assistant device and some type of manual programming, but I have zero experience with that kind of thing and don’t want to have to purchase anything else to get the Smart Hose Timers to work.

I just want to turn on a hose for a set duration when motion is detected on my Ring. It seems like such a simple thing! Really disappointed.

There is API support, just not IFTTT support apparently. Those are two different things. I would assume it can be added by Rachio if they so choose.

Looking for IFTTT support for the Rachio Hose Timers. These timers aren’t cheap and should support IFTTT. Rachio, please work on this feature.

1 Like