Another Arizona Set-up help thread!

Yeah my area is right up against some mountains and apparently we suck at getting rain, it always goes around us. @azdavidr coined a funny term last year which I think about every time it looks like it’s going to rain

Here’s the closest PWS to me and Deer Valley Airport repoted 0 also

2 Likes

Crazy. It’s still raining here.

Yeah, clouds are moving north, but like Moses at the red sea, it’s parting ways when getting to my area

3 Likes

For you @Modawg2k, in case you leave the neighborhood today.

AHAHAHAHHAAH!!!

1 Like

Just took a picture of the yard again to reflect the current storm…

1 Like

Damn, it is raining at my office again…our retention basins are full!

I feel your pain, @Modawg2k. Same situation here. Last night we got .05 from around 6 until midnight. We sure got the wind, though.

This is the total from the storm this morning.

It’s just not fair!

3 Likes

Dang. I got the 1.53" last night, and another .67" today (according to the PWS I point to)…Based on my yard this morning when I left for work, I got every bit of that and some!

Is that your own PWS @sunny ?

Holy cow! Middle of Arizona summer, and right now I am scheduled to have a 7 day lapse in watering my grass!!!

It is. It was a gift a couple of years ago. I’m a science geek–what can I say. :nerd: Costco was carrying this Acurite 5-in-1–not sure if they still are.

It registers temps a bit high, but I’m thinking repositioning it would help.

1 Like

My neighbors’ have this and theirs has been about 10 degrees higher.

Damnit, I know you got pounded tonight @Modawg2k! That storm came right down your land!

Another. 89" here…too bad forecasts are horrible during monsoon. Rachio watered everything today!

1 Like

@tmcgahey haha, yeah we got above 0.7", but unfortunately i wasn’t home to enjoy it/see my dog poop bucket fly around the backyard. I immediately put the yard into a 3 day rain delay.

The monsoons hit just in time this year. I have some plants that can only take so many 115F dry days of direct sun before they start to fry. It’s amazing how they’ve recovered thanks to the added humidity and cloud cover, not to mention some rain.

1 Like