Adding WUnderground Station to Rachio with Gen 2

@Gene Thanks. I’ll see if I can connect directly to pwsweather via Ambient Weather as a backup.

1 Like

Gene, is your site down? I setup a con job as to not bother you about 2 months ago. PWS stopped updating today at 3pm EST.
My WU station is KINFORTW41.

Thanks for any help or insight

1 Like

Hi Kurt, sorry to hear about it, can you please message me (here) or via an email (support@wxfyi.com) the url you use with your cron-job? I’ll be happy to look into this further.

Thanks,
Gene

2 Likes

Nevermind, I was able to track down your setup and look into this further. Seems the issue was at my end, webhost recently did an update to the server and seem to have reset the default timezone from UTC. I’ve added a manual correction so all of the new updates, as of now, should be shown under correct time. Since the update, your data was still being uploaded and tracked, but it had a 7 hour time offset, sorry about that. This issue is now resolved, please do not hesitate to let me know if you run into any further issues.

This issue actually effected everyone using my site, so thank you for reaching out!

Cheers,
Gene

2 Likes

Thanks Gene.

Kurt

Gene - If you could add the following weather station, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTNNASHV253/graph/2019-06-27/2019-06-27/daily

@wpnash Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx66780.

Cheers,
Gene

2 Likes

@Gene Any chance you can add https://www.wunderground.com/weather/nl/roosendaal/IROOSEND43? Thanks

Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx55817 :+1:

Cheers,
Gene

4 Likes

Hello can you add my WUnderground station ID ISAINT193 from Quebec Canada Thanks

Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx10583, because of the thread you are posting this in, I assume you are using a Gen 2 controller.
In case it was a Gen 2 from Costco, or a Gen 3 controller, what I’ve just done would not actually work for you as your controller would acquire data directly from your WU station. That being said, it will normally take about a week since the station went online in order for the station to show up. I am not sure if the station’s downtime from 18th to 26th would effect the timeline. Probably safe to assume that it would take a week from starting on the 26th.

2 Likes

ThankSSS yes using gen2

@Gene, can you please add WU station KFLORLAN500

Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx28948 :cheers:

2 Likes

Could you please add:

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCOPARKE36

Oh, and then I would need to know what to do with it. I guess, the data from this station will feed into my Rachio for more accurate watering? My current station is a couple miles away which makes a huge difference in CO.
Will this new station just show up on my list of weather stations?

Thank you!
Dorian

@Dorian Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx47396 within an hour or two. Be sure to have “Use Personal Weather Station (PWS)” option selected when looking for this station.

In case your Gen 2 was bought at Costco, or you own a Gen 3 controller, you would be able to use your WU station directly. Disregard earlier paragraph and look for your station with “Weather Station” option selected within Rachio’s interface.

Only your Rainfall is used by Rachio, all other parameters are acquired from your local “professional” stations, such as those at the airports and other government institutions. Using your weather station does expedite rain detection and avoids irrigation when it would otherwise not be needed.

2 Likes

@Gene Could you please add:

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KKSWICHI17?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash?

I had set this up and had been using this station for quite a long time, but I no longer see it as an option when looking for a PWS on my Gen 2.

Does this have something to do with the API change from WU?

I see at some time in the past, you’ve tried setting up your data transfer into “BROOKHOLLOW” pwsweather station? Doesn’t appear to be an existing station ID or username. Do you wish for me to simply create a random station to host your data, or do you wish to use a specific station ID you’ve created? Simply reply here or via private message (here) in case you wish to use your existing credentials.

TLDR: You’ve tried setting up your transfer, but it never seemed to have been completed correctly. We need your data to be hosted on pwsweather station in order to be available to your Gen 2 Rachio.

1 Like

Random station would be fine.

Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx37267 in an hour or two.

2 Likes