632 Firmware Release Notes for Gen 3 - Impact for onboarding controller using iPhone 11/iOS 13.4.0 & Samsung Galaxy S10/S20

Borrow someone else’s iPhone 6 or 7 or what ever.
I borrowed my wife’s iPhone 6, and it worked like a charm.
And once you have the WiFi connection up and running, you never have to go there again?

Correct, the firmware will be updated when connected. Also, any new manufacturered units will have updated firmware so eventually this workaround will not be necessary. Thanks for your patience and have a great weekend.

:cheers:

Franz,
Firmware of my two Rachio 3 units is at iro3-firmware-hk-5-632.
So the firmware is automatically updated whenever you release a new version?

What is the iPhone software version for the 5S?
I can get the Rachio 3 connected to my WiFi network. I can see the device.
However, I cannot add the controller to the Rachio app on my phone.
It keeps telling me can’t find the controller.

Not necessarily, it typically depends on the issues being addressed. The current issue of WiFi connectivity merited releasing to a large amount of our customer base.

Have a great day!

Did you download the Rachio App from Apple App Store?

What other place do you think I could download the app?
I created a dedicated 2.4ghz network and it still can’t work on my 5s iPhone.
Why do you sell a product that can’t work as it advertised??

Did you download the Rachio app from the Apple App Store and performed the activation process through there? If yes, what error are you experiencing?

Mine seem to be working as advertised. :beers:

2 Likes

This is what I got…

Ok, @lamtran2616, I am having the engineering team review.

Hey Lamtran2616,

Looking at what you’ve been saying above, did you add the Rachio to your network before attempting to add it to your account in the app?

If so you’ll need to reset the WiFi and setup via the app to get through the on-boarding process. You can reset the WiFi on your controller by holding the WiFi looking button until the light bar fills
https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010542788-How-do-I-update-Wi-Fi-on-my-controller-Wi-Fi-Reset

After that, once the 2nd quadrant is blinking yellow you should be good to go with on-boarding via your iPhone 5s.

2 Likes

I were following the step the reset the WiFi to connect the Rachio to the dedicate 2.4 ghz network. Then open the Rachio app the add the controller. Following all the steps. Adding address, serial number…
This is all I can get.
I used iPhone 5s, iPad mini old version

Please reach out to https://support.rachio.com. They should be able to get you up and running.

Thanks for your patience and have a great day.

So, no answers on when you guys are going to fix HomeKit that you broke with 632 FW? My controller has been working great until you pushed out 632. I can use the Rachio app, but can no longer use HomeKit which is the reason I bought the Gen 3 Rachio controller. Can I do a firmware rollback to one that was working fine for me?

@franz - I haven’t had a reason to applaud you guys in awhile as I have been rather upset about the loss of the WFM, the issues with HomeKit, and the revisions to the app. However, I have to say thank you for bringing back the usage data to the main screen of the app and reverting the firmware back to 615 (which resulted in HomeKit working again). To make me a fan again all you need to do is: 1) bring back the WFM (or at a minimum continue to support it as promised), 2) get rid of the “Lawn Smarts” on the home screen, and 3) finally work out the kinks with HomeKit. Like WFM, HomeKit was a promised feature with Rachio 3 and it has failed to work more than it has. I did not buy my Rachio expecting to be a beta tester and have 2 important features taken away. Thank you.

@GBNTX Good afternoon.

We found an internal issue and have resolved it that should allow Flow Meter and HomeKit to work with 632. You may have to power cycle your controller to activate the fix on the controller side.

Can you try this and see if it reconnects?

Thank you and I apologize for the negative experience,

Michael

1 Like

I will do that and report back to you. Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Sorry to say, after power cycling the controller, standing within a foot of it with my 1st gen iPad Pro, entering the HomeKit code manually as shown in the Rachio app, the controller still does not appear as a device to add to HomeKit. My iPad is running the most current version of PadOS.

Hi @Michael_I, I appreciate the information here. I’ve read through tons of forms to trouble shoot why my Galaxy Note 10+ won’t work to get my new Rachio3 through the setup process. It keeps terming out on the ‘Connect to Network’ section. I’ve tried re-powering, unplugging, resetting the wifi on the system etc… and it continues to throw the same error. Any help would be grateful appreciated. Even if it’s just directing me to a forum with the answer to my challenge. I’m pumped to use the Rachio - Converted from the Skydrop - bu can’t get it through the setup process to use.

Thank you for your help.

Weston