Zones not running with “quick run” new gen 3

Just installed my new rachio 3, and got everything installed just to find out I ran into an issue with the zones not running manually. I submitted a support ticket (260796), with a follow up email with pictures of before and after of both controllers. Now I’m writing this to see if anyone else has had this issue.

If all zones are impacted, take a look at the “common” © wire. Move it to the other common terminal and re-test it.

Same here. I had it working at one point, but now the app just acts as if it’s running, but the system is not actually pumping water. Not sure what I need to do. :frowning:

The common wire on the “dumb controller” was tied into the rain sensor, and I wasn’t going to reuse it. But if it needs to be connected then I’ll do what ever I have to.

Oh yea please don’t mind the mess of wires and rough blue tape job. I just wanted to get it running. Haha oh and the black lone wire (right of picture) and yellow (left of picture) are both spares.

@jmrtheman - you need the common wire for a complete circuit.

1 Like

I’m not an expert by any means but the valves needs a common wire connected to the controller. One leg of the valve goes to the common terminal and the other goes to the position 1 - 16. So all valves should have the common wire daisy chained.

35 PM

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

BTW, the common wire was tied to rain sensor because that is what the rain sensor do, when it detect water basically open the circuit, in your case interrupt the common from the valves.

Good luck with that!

I wasn’t aware of that, but I just connected the two green wires and now everything works! Thanks everyone

3 Likes