Zone wont shut off

I have the same issue…
The solenoids are heating very quickly and i had to disconnect the wiring to stop it.
If im letting the rachio control - the watering does not stop.
Checked everything 10 times at least.
The valves are new.
But they arrived with dc solenoids and i replaced them with brand new ac solenoids.
The system is with master valve.
And 3 zones right now.

Can any1 help me out?
Im not the retiring person and with technical knowledge but this time they breaking me here…

Thanks
Yaniv from israel.

Am I correct that you spliced the barrel plug power connection (yellow and green tape)? If you have an incorrect power brick, it can cause this. It almost sounds like you have a DC power brick, and you need AC. Can you post a picture of your power supply?

Its the power plug as the original…
24vac.
It seems The controller works fine.
Just dont output the right values or so…

This is the original:

This is the 220 version i created:

That’s the issue. You need an AC to AC adapter. You have an AC to DC adapter. The DC output will cause exactly what you are seeing.

Also, I might let @Gene confirm on whether the 1 amp output vs 1.5 amp is an issue…I don’t think so, but he’s our electrical guru.

1 Like

The more, the better (as far as amps). Look for a ~ mark to know that the supply is AC; what looks like equal sign ( ⎓ ) is a DC indicator.
@tmcgahey is exactly right, DC supplies allow rachio to operate and turn on the valve, but they are then stuck in the ON state as rachio’s control circuit is not designed for it (and running AC solenoids on DC power will cause them to heat more and fail sooner).

2 Likes

Thats it…omg…
Spent too much time on that issue
Does any1 know about original power supply for 220v?

where are you located? Perhaps we can find a local supplier. Original power supply does not support 220, only 110.

Located in israel.
Got it working with 220 to 110 converter…
But it cost almost as the rachio.
I need new 220v power supply.
Any help?
Rachio support?