About 50 of you may have noticed a different message within your cron-jobs recently.
I’ve spent a good portion of this weekend on debugging the new wufyi code and I’ve chosen 50 of the active accounts to start using the new core so I could better evaluate the results of the changes.
- New process is using an internal cron service (which doesn’t depend on the web frontend), so no more 5xx errors.
- If you are new to the beta, your wunderground API is no longer used, feel free to use it elsewhere.
- Updates are done every 5 minutes or at the update rate of your PWS, whichever is less frequent.
- Front end / signup is not yet ready. I advise you to use http://beta.wufyi.com or email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’m adding support for CWOP data feed to allow easier setup and support for solar data to reach to rachio. If you are interested in participating as soon as possible, you can obtain your station ID here (link) and email me your information to email@example.com.
It will probably be at least 2 weeks before the front end is completed to allow easier setup, meanwhile I may pull more users into the closed beta in order to reduce the server load (new process is about 20x more efficient with the server memory use).