Works in Spain?

Hi all
Has somebody used it in Spain?
I want to buy Rachio but I’m not sure if it is going to work or not.

thanks!

Hi,

Should work when you take care to get a 24V AC power supply, not DC! I got one via the dutch type of ebay and it works over here perfect! As it is internet based should work in Spain also i think. Weatherforecast etc works fine for my location.
Take notice of the radio frequency, it might nog be allowed in Spain. I have no problems so far but live on a rural place, not in a city.

Worth the effort of getting one over to Europe!

Geert

Thanks Geho!!!
I’m ging to buy one and try :grinning:

I brought one to the UK and installed it earlier this year, and it works super.
Depending on your plan, you will need to purchase a few extra bits to have a truly automated setup. As Geho states, you’ll need a 24V AC PSU which are easy to find on ebay, Amazon, or your local friendly electric wholesaler. I actually used a 24V AC bell transformer located in the fuse box.
On top of that, you might consider a valve box to control the independent zones. I’m using two of the Antelco eZyvalve units for eight zones in my garden, and they work great.
And if you need irrigation pipes and drippers, take a look at the Antelco porous pipes and accessories. Happy to provide you with advice through this forum if you need any.
Good luck with your irrigation!

Hi everyone. I’m about to buy a Rachio 3 for my garden in Madrid. There’s some discussion on some other thread about how the weather forecast, seasonal shift and flex monthly schedules work outside of the US. Can any of you please confirm if the weather forecast, and hence the features that depend on it, work in Spain? Thanks!

Please see below the full email I received from Rachio Support in May 2019 …

If anything has since changed, somebody please let me know!

Matthew Santiago (Rachio)

May 31, 12:01 PM CDT

Hi Peter​ ,

Thanks for reaching out to Rachio Support.

Our Rachio controller, while not designed to be used outside of the US and Canada, can be used in some countries internationally. As long as the location that you wish to install the device has available National Weather Stations to connect with the Rachio, you’ll be able to use most of the smart features. There are instances where there has been no available data or weather stations. So you may want to do some research first.

In addition, Rachio does not have historical weather data for any countries outside of the U.S. and Canada. This means you won’t be able to utilize our Seasonal Shift feature.

In terms of ordering a Rachio, we do ship our controller internationally via Amazon.com! You’ll want to make sure that you are able to get international shipments to your particular country.

The app is able to control two devices regardless of distance, and you can set their locations separately.

Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best,
Matthew​

Matthew
Customer Advocate
Keeping lawns green since 2018
Rachio Support Hours
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST
Monday - Sunday