I just purchased a home with Rachio gen 1. I have 12 zones setup in the app, mostly drip irrigation but some grass as well.
It’s been 115 here in Vegas for two weeks and I noticed one set of plants was clearly not getting enough water, so I started troubleshooting.
- I figured out that there are sprinklers for grass that run at the same time as the drip irrigation for this zone. I had that set to 7 minutes vs 30 minutes for drip.
- I then determined that zone 1 and zone 3 in my setup are the same and run the pumps described above.
- I looked at the wiring and figured out there is a yellow wire for the sprinklers and a green wire for the drip. I traced it all the way from the pump to the Rachio and as best I can tell, each is individually wired to either yellow or green.
- There is a yellow going into 1 on the rachio and a green going into 3 on the rachio.
- So I figured I’d remove the green wire and see what happened. I removed it and ran Zone 1. It watered both the drip and sprinklers. I tried Zone 3 (which was disconnected) and nothing ran.
My landscapers said the problem was Rachio, but I think it’s something in the wiring, but I can’t figure out how both pumps are running at the same time on Zone 1. I can figure out how 2 wires on different inputs on rachio could both control 2 zones in the yard.
Any help is appreciated.