Wired Flow Meter

Has anyone had success with a wired flow meter? I need a wired flow meter option to offer my customers since the Rachio has abandoned it’s wireless product.

Rachio has a list of compatible wired flow meters:

has anyone been able to find any of the compatible wired flow meters for sale at a reasonable price ($100-ish)

I’ve been wondering if Rachio plans on pairing with Flume, the Wifi water meter reader. Seems like a great product and I believe Flume is compatible with Orbit’s BHyve system. I’m strongly considering buying one and would love to have Rachio use the information from it seamlessly.

3 Likes

@Shane and @garyo,

Several others have mentioned the Everydrop Technologies flowmeter which can be purchased on Amazon.

Will Rachio shut off zone if flow is too high using a wired sensor?

How is B Hyve? Reviews on Amazon not good. I don’t understand why Rachio doesn’t integrate with Flume. Flume is great and would be a simple win-win solution for both. I’m been asking that since they discontinued the wireless sensor.

Hunter makes one also, looking at Hyrawise but reviews not good. Using Flume so I can see when there’s a problem, not easy to match with the zone, need to use time stamp.

The reason you can’t use Flume is that it connects to your water meter, which is giving you water usage for your whole house. The Rachio needs to know how much water is running through your sprinkler system, so it would only work if the only thing on your meter was your sprinklers.

I’m researching different flow meters for my system. I’m wondering in the Rachio app, what does the interface look like? It would be helpful information to see the amount of water used per zone, on a day by day summary, or weekly summary. Can someone please confirm the data that is generated?
Thanks so much!

I’ve only seen good reviews on the Hunter HC Flow Meter. Seem like they are pretty inexpensive too. You just have to follow the instructions on its location to the rest of your hardware fittings.

I am too trying to use a Hunter Flow meter, but it seams it is not compatible with Rachio. The meter is simple. The circuit of the 2 wires CLOSES every 1 gallon. That is the “pulse”. Put a voltmeter on ohms and the circuit open and then closes just for a moment every time the lever passes the gallon mark. It should be very easy to make the rachio read it. rain sensors do the same thing and rachio reads that. Just imagine a rain sensor turning off and on 20 times in 1 min, that is what the flow meter is doing at 20 GPM. It isn’t listed in the options when setting up the sensor. Does anyone have it working by using one of the ones listed but actually using the Hunter?