Winterizing with flow meter - would there be any damage?

When we winterize in fall, the backflow device is removed and stored indoors, and high psi is pushed through the pipes to get the water out. Since the flow meter sits permanently after the backflow, are there any concerns or special precautions should be taken so the high pressure air flow does not damage the flow meter or it’s sensors?

Assuming you are using either the the brass or PVC push on fittings, the flow meter could be removed when the backflow is…

Assuming you are using either the the brass or PVC push on fittings, the flow meter could be removed when the backflow is…

I sure hope I don’t have to remove it every year as removing a backflow device is very easy by design! For this I have to twist copper pipes and move them eventually breaking the other joints.

Bump. Confirming this again. High air psi that is used to blow out the irrigation system in winter would not damage the flow meter right?

Bumping this. My blowout is in a position where it will be pressurized when I blow it out. Will this damage it?

Never mind. Found the answer! It can handle the pressure since there are no moving parts.