What's the point of Wink integration?

When I first clicked “Select Schedule” in wink at the bottom of the zones, it came up blank… I could not figure out why? Again, I also got mad that I could not simply touch the zone, and tell it to run! After spending hours dinking around with things, I realized that when I setup my rachio sprinkler system, I choose to allow the rachio device to choose its own schedule for watering the zones. I mean why would you not, and thats the main reason we want this device! When you choose this option, no set schedule is made in rachio since the app / cloud will determine the schedule and therefor show you no control in wink!

What I did to fix this, is leave the auto schedule in place, and create an additional manual schedule for each zone! I told each zone to run the schedule every three weeks, since I just wanted the schedules in place so I could control the zones in the wink app! You have to create a schedule for each zone so that in wink, you can manually turn on each zone, otherwise, a schedule with all zones set will only allow you to turn on all zones and you won’t have individual control.

The only reason I use wink is for the relay switches that are installed in all my bedrooms. I want them to be able to control everything.

This isn’t a rachio issue, it’s a wink development problem! I have invested thousands into the wink app and automation and if I could describe wink in one sentence, it would be “wink where less then half of all features for the devices they recommend work.”

1 Like